60

The news about Angelina's return spread like wildfire. Everyone was all shocked.

To congratulate the duke for his daughter's safe return, the emperor bestowed some gifts to the duke.

The duke was naturally happy. His behavior towards Angelina even got better. Well....only slightly better.

His biasness toward his older children were still obvious to the eye.

When the duke and duchess asked what happened, Angelina said she managed to escape the carriage was taken care of of by a kind travelling doctor.

The duke didn't sense her lie. Angelina's expression was very calm. She didn't look like she was lying at all.

When the Casspan family got the news of Angelina's return, they immediately felt regretful.

But all they could do now was sigh in their misfortune. If only Angelina came back sooner...

Alice who also heard the news, jumped with joy. She was ecstatic! She knew Angelina wouldn't die so easily!

These past few days Angelina was gone, Eric stayed locked up in his room everyday.

His new room was very comfortable. It had its own bathroom and when he would be hungry, Marie would come by and give him some food.

He was quite calm during Angelina's disappearance. He too didn't believe Angelina was dead. She was probably in hiding. He believed she would come back.

But of course he still felt slightly worried.

The reason he didn't leave his room was because Angelina, his only protector in the mansion was gone.

If someone saw him and reconized him as a slave Evelina didn't own anymore, they would definitely throw him out.

Meanwhile, Chase's life changed quite a bit. He used to receive letters from young noble ladies professing their 'love' to him. But now everyone finally stopped bothering him.

Evelina was respected in the circle of noble ladies. Everyone viewed her as 'little miss perfect'

Evelina, of course took pride in that title on the inside but acted humble and down to earth on the outside.

This was also one of the reasons why the duke was so fond of Evelina. She had an extremely good reputation, so naturally it gave him a good reputation as well.

Angelina's reputation however....were surrounded by rumors and speculations. But due to the gift the emperor has bestowed upon him, the duke no longer thought of Angelina as a nuisance as before.

The things most important to the duke were reputation, power, and wealth!

*************
Today is the day of the shop's opening. During the last few days, sir Robert has been in a panic.

If Angelina was dead, he was screwed too! Angelina had to send him a letter back when she was still in Charles's mansion, telling him she was alright.

Since Angelina's identity as the new shop's owner isn't publicized, she didn't need to attend the reopening.

Sir Robert did send her a letter, reporting what happened.

Angelina's prediction was right. Many nobles arrived and bought the paintings.

Aside from nobles, some commoners also showed up. Commoners like wealthy merchants, or commoners that are quite wealthy.

The decoration and the paintings that were on display made the people passing by curious and amazed.

Angelina was smirking as she read the letter.