chapter 9

THE NEXT MORNING all the brothers were having breakfast when a guard rushed in

THE NEXT MORNING all the brothers were having breakfast when a guard rushed in. Dele had checked up on Zara that morning and had assured them all that she would be up in a few hours. Or a few minutes. Whenever her body deemed right.

They were all almost done with their breakfast and were ready to get to their work when the guard had rushed in. He had a panicked look on his face and they all had immediately tensed.

"She's up." He said and all the brothers immediately started towards the infirmary, scared that something had happened because of the panic on the guard's face. The younger ones had yet to go to school for a week so they were all present.

Voices could be heard from outside the door and they had quickened their pace.

Opening the door they faced a scene they didn't think was possible. A guard was pushed against a wall while Zara stood in front of him, a blade near his throat. Nugget was resting on her shoulder and was glaring at the man as well, if they read the animal's expression right.

"You were the one who didn't let me run away. What if they were actual kidnappers? What would have happened then? You would have just let a teenager get kidnapped? Where are your morals?" Zara was scolding- more like threatening- the guard, the man's gun gone and a scared expression on his face.

"Zara." Sal called, extremely amused. He knew that the guard hadn't attacked her because if he had, he would've been as good as dead. And he was sure that Zara had swiped his gun. It was something Zara would do.

At the sound of her name, Zara turned around to look at her brothers,"Oh hey." She greeted them. She felt the guard start to move and brought the knife closer,"Move and you'll not not have hair anymore." She warned without removing her gaze from her brothers.

"Release him, Zara." Leo asked and Zara opened her mouth to protest but one look from Leo was enough.

"Geez." Zara muttered as she dropped her arm and glared at the man,"You better revise your morals, man."

The guard nodded and immediately moved out of the room when gestured to do so. His companion left as well.

Dele stared at the detached IV and sighed,"Do you have to always remove the IV?" He asked.

Zara shrugged,"I don't like it. Besides, I am fine."

"Are you sure? Does it hurt somewhere? Does your head hurt?" Dele fired questions at her.

"Everything's just peachy." Zara responded and moved towards them. The girl forgot about her sprained ankle though and stumbled.

They all immediately rushed foward to catch her and Dele reached her first. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Okay fine so maybe my ankle does hurt." She admitted and Dele smiled.

"Come on, lets get you something to eat. You need it."