Chapter Nineteen

That night I couldn't sleep. Not knowing Mickey was out. I decided to walk around the city and was having a peaceful time till I was grabbed. A man grabbed me and threw me in a van. "FUCK!" I yell as I kick around. "Amanda, It's me." I hear a voice, Mickey? "Mick?" I tug off the sack on my head and turn to face the voice. 
There stood Mickey, smiling like the little shit he is. "Oh my god." I can feel tears roll down my eyes as I jump over and hug him. "You threw me in a van to talk!" I laugh. "Fucking dickbag." He hugs back. "I'm leaving." He says breaking the hug apart. "I'm going to Mexico." I look at the man driving. "He the artist?"
"No, he's a Mexican. Artist stayed behind, thank fuck." I laugh and hug him again. "Everyones looking for you Mickey. How do you plan on leaving when all of Cago is searching?"
"I need to meet up with Ian, I want him to come." He states. "Okay, then what?"
"We leave, start a life in Mexico, We start over. no crime, no prison." He tells me. "You can visit whenever, just do a few jobs to get the cash." I nod frantically. "When are you going?"
"In a few days. I'm meeting with Ian tomorrow." He gives me another hug. "He said yes?" I say as I hug back. "No, Gayass didn't say yes yet. But I haven't asked." 
"He'll say yes, he misses you." 
"I hope fuckin so." He laughs a bit. "He let his boyfriend fuck him. With a strap." Mickey stops laughing. "That bitch! Ian's mine." This makes me laugh. "well then you have to do some serious convincing." I hug him one last time and push the van door open. "Talk later, before you go?" He nods. "You know where to find me." And I do, By the docks, on the building, or by the field at school. His mind's on Ian, so he's going to go to places that remind him of Ian. 

I wake up in my bed. Lip said he carried me in when he found me outside. Ian and Fiona are fighting over something. Lip and Liam get ready for their day. "and Monica." I catch out of Ian's mouth. "When's she leaving!" I freeze. "Monica?" Everyone turns to me. "We didn't want to tell you," Ian says turning to me. "She hasn't tried to see me?" I ask them. "She asked about you," Debbie says. "Said she misses you a bunch." I nod eagerly, shaking my head trying to hide my pure anger. "I think I'm gonna go back to sleep," I tell them. "Amanda," I heard Ian say but I ignore him and just keep walking.  Ian wakes me for lunch, but I ignore him. He comes up a few hours later for dinner.

"I saw Mickey."
"Yeah, Me too. You going with him?"
"He told you?" Ian sounds shocked. "of course he told me, I'm his best friend." I look seriously at him. "You're gonna regret not going with him," I tell Ian. "You love him, He loves you." He smiles, blushing a bit.  "I'm leaving tomorrow morning then." He tells me. "Okay, Tell Mickey I said not to do anything stupid and you, take your damn meds. " He laughs. "Will do, Now you coming for dinner?" He tries getting me downstairs. "No, I'm going to sleep a bit longer." he just nods.

I wake up the next day and run into Ian's room. He's gone. 
Me- Have fun you two
Ian- We will call you later
Me- Sure

I smile to myself thinking of how happy my best friend must be, and how happy he makes my brother. I mope around all day. I'm the only one who knows where they went, and that Ian isn't coming home for a while. I would ask Lip to go out for drinks but Lip is going to AA meetings and Lana owns the closest bar. I stay in my room most of the day drawing. I draw a picture of Mickey, I draw Frank, I draw a messed up picture of Franny because I can't remember what her hair looks like. I get spammed by Trevor all day. I ignore him.
Trevor- Ian around?
Trevor- Ian okay?
Trevor-IS this about his ex?
Trevor- How are you doing?
Missed call (2) Trevor
Trevor- Someone answers me!!!!

I come down for food around lunch and hide in my room when I hear Monica's voice. Do I want to see her? To talk to her? Does she miss me? Do I miss her? I'm upstairs during the whole "wedding" and stay up till I hear Lip come home. 

Lip comes up to talk to Fiona, he pulls out the yarn and tells us he's knitting. I laugh. "Knitting, fucking loser!" I yell down the hall to him."Better than drinking" I go downstairs, standing in the back. "Fi, here," Monica says handing her a glass. "Fiona please."
"Can you turn down the music so I can get some work done?"
"Yeah," Monica says eagerly. Lip walks in, pushing in front of me. "You to son, come join the family," Frank tells him. "None for me." He looks at the alcohol. "a toast" Frank whines. "He's getting sober, Frank," Debbie argues. "One glass!" He fights back. Lip gives me a 'What do I do look'. I glance at Fiona, asking silently for help. "DO you know the meaning of the word sober?" She asks frank. Monica tells Lip to toast with coffee, I move further back in the room to avoid her view. I sit on the floor like a child, hiding still behind Lip. He looks behind himself to make sure he's not stepping on me and smiles, showing me his coffee mug. 

We all dance around the room. I hold Franny and stay back with her. Stupid Monica. Lip and Fiona talk on the couch while me and Debbie watch Franny and Liam. Lip and Fiona stand up and start yelling about the spiked drinks that I didn't have.  Everyone starts dancing and I walk out. Monica leaves, and comes back, and leaves and comes back. I try pushing my feelings down because of how happy everyone is, but I know it's the molly keeping them happy.  I turn my ass around and walk back inside. Frank and Monica are on the stairs. I walk over to Lip and grab his hands. He twirls me and we start a dance circle.  We dance till almost 4 am. Frank and Monica pass out on the living room floor. Etta and Fiona drive to the retirement home and I stay with Lip and help him knit.