Chapter Nine: Unexpected.

Dakota's POV.

Life is like a rollercoaster, it has it's ups and downs. It's your choice whether to scream or enjoy the ride.

~ Unknown.

I hear stories of love at first sight and those fairy tales where two people fall in love and live happily ever after but it's not true. Life isn't like that, there's no such thing as a happy ending in this world.

Lies. It's all lies. Why do we fill young children's heads with this nonsense?

I never imagined I'd fall in love with a wolf, but it's happened and for now, my life is a fairy tale but like all fairy tales, someday and we have no control over it, the fairy tale will come to an abrupt end. When that day comes, I'll be ready and unlike females in fairy tales, I won't be a damsel in distress.

Death is inevitable. You never know when it will strike, even scientists can't come up with an explanation. So I will live every day to the fullest and cherish every single second I have with Ben, my family and friends. That's why I'm going to stop blabbering on now and get back to the action.

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort and Spa. No, I'm not talking nonsense. This is our destination for our honey moon, paid for as a wedding gift from Ben's parents. I can only dream my mum would do something as nice as that.

I climb out of the taxi, wiping my eyes sleepily. I must have fell asleep in the taxi when we got off the plane. I gasp as my eyes come into focus and I look at the breathtaking land in front of me. Rows of beautiful apartments and stunning blue water, not to mention the fun facilities lurking inside.

Ben kindly takes my suitcase from me before grabbing my hand and dragging me like an excited kid to reception. "Come on!" He calls, an ecstatic grin across his face as I giggle running along behind him. It's amazing how he can run quicker than me with two suitcases! We eventually get inside and approach the receptionist, both eager to see our room and try out the facilities.

"Reservation for Swiftwood." Ben says.

The receptionist smiles and types something into a computer before exclaiming. "Ah yes! The honeymoon suite! Up the stairs and to your left, room 67." 

Ben's POV.

Three days in this place is gonna be amazing! I thank the receptionist and take the keys from her. Dakota and I make our way up the marble staircase and find our way to our room, I twist the key in the lock and push it open. We both gasp and the beautiful room before us. Silk crimson bed sheets and covers with black curtains draping around it for privacy, a small balcony to the side with steps leading to the sea for swimming and stuff.

~~~~One Hour Later.~~~~

Dakota and I have finally settled in and have decided to go out and explore the resort but we're just going to sleep after that as we've arrived quite late. We wander down the stairs and walk around, exploring for about twenty minutes before making our way back to the room.

Dakota's POV.

I unlock the door to our room and head to the bathroom to freshen up before bed. Ben settles down on the bed to wait for me. I open the door to the bathroom and walk in before a hand is clamped over my mouth and a raspy voice whispers in my ear. "How's the leg? Hope I didn't hurt you too much but it was hard to resist launching myself on a beautiful girl like yourself and when you struggled, I had to shut you up."

I can smell a mixture of sweat and alcohol from who I can only presume is my attacker from earlier. I bite his hand and he lets out a yelp of pain and annoyance as I make a run for it but his arms are wrapped around my waist. "Ben! Gosh, Ben help me!" I scream struggling desperately to get out of his grip.

"Tut tut tut. I was hoping you'd be quiter but you give me no choice now, I can't have you making a racket."

Before I can attempt to scream again, I'm hit in the head with a sharp heavy object and everything goes black and my body goes limp in the sadistic man's arms. This is it. It's my time to die but I'm not gonna deal the hand I've been dealt, as soon as I regain consciousness I'm gonna hurt him so bad he'll wish he never lay a finger on me.

My head pounds before consciousness slips from my grasp.