5

'I'm gonna go get a drink. You guys want anything?' I ask the group as they all just carried on dancing, probably not hearing what I said.

I walk over to the bar and ordered my drink as I sat down for a bit just contemplating life. I was in my thoughts a lot these days. As much as I didn't want the Sebastian situation to bother me, it did.

'And we meet again.' A man whispers while taking a seat next to me. I couldn't tell who it was at first but as soon as they looked at me, I recognised them instantly.

'Emilio?' I ask, making sure I wasn't seeing things.

'Milan.' He says back to me, lifting his eyes up to mine as if he was reading every movement of my face.

'It's weird that we meet each other again at the same place. You sure you're not stalking me?' I jokingly ask, looking down at my drink before taking a sip.

'Actually I think it's the other way round.' He says as her spins his chair so that it was now facing me. I noticed he was wearing a suit just like last time. It was a dark red, almost black but not quite. The way he even spun on his chair looked so mesmerising. It just looked like this man was made of power, but from what?

'I own this place, and a lot more.' He informs me as he casually takes a sip like it was nothing. He probably gets girls falling to his feet because of his money and I'm not about to be one of them.

'Really?' I ask casually. This mans money wasn't going to have an effect on me. The person I was currently with is literally made of money and that didn't get me anything but heartache.

He looks at me confused, possibly because of my unnerved reaction.

'Hmm, I guess you don't care about that stuff?' He asks as he spins back to his original position.

'Money's the last thing that's going to impress me at this point.' I say bluntly, but tiredly. All I could think of was Sebastian, it was poking at me like a sharp pin.

Fuck it. I turn to face him, not wanting to think of Sebastian anymore. It was tiring enough thinking about him when I was alone but I'm not going to let it get in the way of my fun. I notice his face as he looks at me, almost intrigued.

'I like you're little dress.' He says, smirking and I couldn't help but smile. I turned away, not letting him see the effect his words just had on me. It was so random which made my heart beat even more.

Once I composed myself, I turned back to him.

'What about it?' I ask looking him up and down.

'That it's easy to get out of.' He replied immediately which definitely took me by surprise. I just rolled my eyes before taking another sip.

I turn to face him again and this time his eyes were focused on my hand... my left hand. Specially my engagement ring. I still hadn't taken it off since no one knew about the situation apart from me, and it would only make everyone suspicious. I quickly put my hand on my lap, hidden under the table. He looks back up at me and raises his eyebrows. I couldn't tell if he was shocked by the fact that I was hiding my engagement or if he didn't care at all. A smirk starts to crawl up onto his face as he looks down at my lap and back up at my face.

'It's not what you think it is.' I quickly say, nervously tapping the glass with my finger, not knowing what was going through his mind right now.

'Marriage troubles?' He asks, looking interested but slightly making a joke out of the situation.

'I'm not married...' I answer, avoiding eye contact.

'Your hands telling me something different.' He adds as he continues to watch me become a nervous wreck under his gaze.

'I'm engaged.'

'Ah, same difference.' He shrugs as he gulps down the rest of his drink.

I felt like I was the one caught cheating this time. Technically, I am engaged. But why should I keep our promise if he isn't willing to. I'm walking around with this ring on my finger while he doesn't give a damn about it.

'Actually, no. I'm not engaged.' I blurt out, finally managing to look him in the eyes again. He looks up at me, no expression on his face at all, waiting for me to finish.

And now I was stuck. I didn't know what to say anymore. I can't tell a stranger about my fiancé cheating if I can't even bring myself to tell my own friends. What the fuck is wrong with me?

The only logical thing that came to mind was to just get out of my seat and walk away. And the rest of the night carried on as if nothing happened.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )