M. Fushiguro - Safe (part one)

(In the manga, it shows how Megumi was a "bad boy" of sorts when he went to normal school and he had a sort of reputation. I decided to play that into here.)
(I don't want to make the bad guy a real character nor Megumi, so B/N stands for bullies name.)

You were never someone people found easy to pick on. Truthfully, all the proclaimed bullies at your school kept their distance and respected you on the low.

It was hard to tell why, but obviously you weren't upset about it.

That was until a certain boy came along. It seemed like he scoped you out immediately, like he sensed the person who had the most peace. He made it clear that that wasn't an option anymore.

He poked fun at everything he could, and he managed to get really personal about it as well. Sometimes, he would even put hands on you in multiple ways, none of which you liked.

No one else said anything about it. Everyone saw it, but no one said a thing. It's not that shocking, apparently no one around you has a built in savior complex, but you thought someone would have your back.

You tread through the semester trying to pull through the relentless teasing and not show that it's getting to you. You vowed that you'd never give him that satisfaction.

Then the new semester comes, and that means entirely new groups of people being able to see the pity that is you right now. Hounded and unhelped.

Even now, in the back corner of the room, you feel peoples eyes on you as B/N slides up next to you. Like he does every day before the bell rings. You have to hand it to him, at least his breath doesn't smell bad. That fact that he's close enough to where you can smell it is bad in itself though.

"Why aren't you focusing on me Y/N? You don't want that to come back at you in the future do you?" He's fake pouting at you. It's disgusting. "You don't want all these new classmates to think we hate eachother, that will be bad for you."

"Ah, I don't know, I don't really care." You say casually, resting your cheek in your palm. Honestly at this point, you don't care what the reproductions are, you have a room full of witnesses.

"You probably should care, I have a couple rumors I could slip to everyone if you don't listen," He leans in closer, whispering, "I thought you knew about those, want me to jog your memory?"

You lean away, about to respond when there's a presence behind you. Tilting your head back, a boy with messy black hair and a pretty face is staring at B/N. Jeez, you don't want that look directed at you.

"What's the problem here?" He says, resting his
hands on the back of your chair. You know that voice, you've heard it from a distance mulitple times. He was one of those "misfits with good intentions" guys. People feared him, but he fought when others were getting beat down, never for himself.

You found it hot.

Looking back down at B/N, you see him glaring up at Fushiguro. You think that's his name.  They hold eachothers stare in some sort of manly eye face off before B/N huffs and gets up, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Okay fine, you win for now." He says nonchalantly, "But you can't protect them forever, I have my ways."

After he walks away, you sigh, spinning your body in your chair so you can look at Fushiguro.

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

And then he's walking away. It's not like you expected anything more. You liked the concept of being left alone for once, since it wasn't something you've experienced in so long.

You watch him, and jolt a little when he doesn't leave the classroom and instead sits in the seat in front of you.

Oh, so he's in your class. That's going to be interesting.

Throughout the day and continuing into the next weeks, it seems like he's everywhere you are. In your classes obviously, around you at lunch, outside when you are. He's never bothered you, he's just been there.

Honestly, it should probably be scary. He could be watching you so that he can memorize your schedule and murder you when you're alone. For some reason however, he makes you feel more safe then when there was no one there. You never thought you'd think that.

It's been about a month free from the teasing B/N bestowed upon you. You haven't felt this free in forever. Fushiguro just keeping an eye on you is apparently enough to scare a man to his wits end.

Speaking of Fushiguro, you haven't actually said a word to him since the day he helped you, and it was getting to you. You greet him everyday with a smile, him with a nod, but it doesn't seem like enough. You're intrigued by him to say the least.

About two months into the semester, you're sat on the playground near the elementary school that you went to so long ago. It was really clear out tonight, and the stars were gorgeous. School was getting to you, so this worked as a well needed break.

You feel eyes on you, and tense up. Directing your eyes sideways, you see Fushiguro standing a good distance away on the ground, his hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt.

Christ, was he actually going to kill you?

No, he looked just as shocked as you. Eyes wide and lips parted softly. Even from this distance you can see the dim light from the moon reflecting off his pale skin.

"Fushiguro?" You breathe lightly, words dissipating into the dark.

"Y/N." He replies, scratching the back of his head. "Uh, I didn't mean to scare you. I usually come by here at night, I didn't think someone else would have the same idea."

Cute. He was so cute.

"Come up here." You say, shifting to the side and pressing the space next to you.

At first he looks skeptical, but after a little coercion, he's giving in. He climbs up the steps and walks over to the ledge your sitting at.

You direct your eyes back at the stars, and after a few seconds he does the same.

"Thank you." He says.

"Hm?"

"I guess uh, thank you for not making quick judgments about me." His eyes are still glued to the sky. "Not that many people like me."

"I've never understood that y'know? You go in and help people and all you get is backlash. I mean, the people you fight are way shittier than you."

"I can't tell if you're calling me shitty or."

You laugh, making him turn to you, "Well like you said, I don't make quick judgements. I can't tell if you're shitty yet." You turn to look at him aswell. "I don't think you are though."

He looks down away from your eyes. You take that time to view his features. The long eyelashes gracing his cheekbones. His sharp chin and clear delicate skin. Who could look at him and hate him?

"I want you to be safe," he whispers, gaze still pointed downward, "And I don't know what it is making me feel that way."

"What do you mean?"

"I've never helped anyone besides my sister for specifically my personal feelings. For some reason, I just look at you and want to see you shine. You're just... so interesting, I guess you could say."

"I don't know if I'd describe myself as interesting but I'll take the compliment." You say laughing, swinging your leg to hit his, trying to get his attention.

He gazes back up at you and you take a breath slowly, "You're interesting to me too. Basically these last two months I've been trying to think of ways to get your attention." It was embarrassing to admit, but true.

He frowns to cover the smile that would probably take over his face, and turns back toward the sky. You following suit.

You knock your foot on his, and not even a second later, he knocks yours back.

(Probably doing a part two for this one, my head is so very full)