82

KUNMI

"Mummy, look at my future wife!!!"

My brother screamed like a maniac immediately we stepped into the office space and he started running towards where the mannequins were stacked together, shocking the three of us out of our reverie, especially Mayowa who nearly tripped on her feet at the impact of his voice.

"Look at my future wife, she's so pretty." He screamed before he threw his arms tightly around a mannequin as if his life depended on it.

A mannequin.

That's what my brother was calling his future wife. That's what he was hugging as if his life depended on it. That's what he was calling pretty.

One would think he just stumbled upon Deepika Padukone but it was a mannequin.

A mannequin.

Well, not just any mannequin.

It was a fat mannequin.

My breathing hitched up as I looked around, looked carefully at where the mannequins were stalked to see well, mannequins I've never seen before.

The mannequins were in various sizes, from having big tummies to big ass to fat thighs and chubby legs and cheeks and...

What's this?

I looked away, suddenly feeling too self conscious of myself, of the mannequins because that was like seeing myself.

That was like being completely bare.

I looked away too quickly from the mannequins that my eyes landed on Mayowa who was looking at me with some sort of skeptical look on her face.

"Awwwn, Awwwn, she's so fine." My brother gushed, stepping back from the mannequin and looking up at the figure with a total look of admiration on his face.

God! What's happening to my younger brother nitori oloun?

"Junior, are you okay?? That's a doll you're admiring oo. Abi what kind of child is this ehn?"

That was mom to him and she was quick to walk up to him as if to yank him away from the mannequin.

Beside me, Mayowa burst into laughter and she muttered "You were the one that was looking for a male child oo when you already have two beautiful daughters and now, God has given you the perfect son so why are you complaining?"

I knew she was sort of looking at me when she was talking but I ignored her, just like I was going to ignore all of them till it was time to go home.

I didn't even want to come here.

We were done with our WAEC and we've started another round of intensive coaching for NECO. That was when Aminah also stopped coming to school. She hasn't shown up for any of our tutorial classes and also, I did not see her on the last day of our WAEC exams.

I wasn't sure if I was just overthinking things or being paranoid but I was sure her chair had remained empty throughout the duration of the exam.