Finding True Comfort

The pines clattering echoed through the silent house as my knees gave out. My nose stung as the tears became an endless torrent. I felt my heart shatter for the second time that summer. It felt like I was in a dark pit, falling into somehow deeper darkness, never to escape. I couldn't breathe, I was suffocating, and there was enormous pressure on my chest. Then, warm, steady arms enveloped me, and a voice called my name.

"(Y/n)!" I looked up and was met with a sticking blue eye, the other covered by golden locks. Bill was crying, shaking as he held me to his chest. He smelled of spring rain and something otherworldly. I cling to him like a lifeline as I cried. I couldn't seem to stop, but Bill never left my side, he whispered sweet nothings into my ears as his voice shook. He rubbed my back and rocked me back and forth gently. After a while, my subs turned into quiet hiccups, and the tears slowly came to a stop.

"There we go, that's it, just breath (y/n)." I did as I was instructed and took a couple of deep breaths. Bill put his hand on my face and made me look at him. "Hey, it's ok. I know what it's like to be disowned by your family, but unlike me, you have other people there for you. You have Wendy, Soos, your great uncles. You even have me. It's ok if you don't want to talk about it, but we're all here if you want to." Bill gave me a reassuring smile, and I looked around the room as Wendy nodded, sis gave me a thumbs up, gruncle Stan smiled, and great uncle Ford hummed in agreement. I giggled quietly.

I may not have the best biological family, but I have everyone here that I need in Gravity falls. "Sorry for all the trouble I've caused you guys..." I mumbled, still clinging to Bill, my face half-buried in his shoulder. "Don't worry. Everyone has their issues." Wendy came closer as she spoke, and Bill moved so she could embrace me as well.

Everyone gave me encouraging words, hugs, and ash shirts of comfort. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I belonged. I felt like people wanted to be around. I sighed in content and felt myself slip into unconsciousness, surrounded by warmth and love.
———————————————————————————
Hey, lovelies! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, but I have exciting news! It doesn't affect you guys, but I'm excited about it!

So, I'm a cheerleader for my school, and we went to state qualifiers this past weekend, and we qualified! We're going to state! I'm so excited! It's going to be a lot of hard work, but it'll be So worth it!

Anyways, sorry to bug you guys with that, but I hope you have a spectacular day/night!