Chapter 66: This Isn't How It Was Supposed To Go

Epona's POV:

"All of you shut the fuck up!" I yelled at the Slytherins, feeling my skin heating up, "One more fucking word about Ronald Weasley and I'll make sure that the color orange is seared into your nightmares."

All of them shut up, and I pushed through them, getting to a low enough area I could jump down. I motioned my head to Fred and George, and understanding my message, they put they're brooms right underneath where I jumped. They caught me and put my on the ground. I could hear Lee mention something about it, but I ignored it.

I found Malfoy talking to Harry, saying awful things about Ron's parents. They saw me, and Harry became very worried. Draco raised an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, Epona did you-" Without letting him finish, I smacked him across the face, my hand only a little less than red hot.

"Why the fuck would you make that fucking song?" I said, " Every time I think you've gotten better, you go back to being an asswipe again! But you don't even care, do you? It's only about what dear old Dad thinks, right? Or oh, how about what your house thinks of you?"

I kept going, I had lost my shit, "Because last time I checked, they still fucking respect me even if I'm friends with the Golden Trio. You wanna know why? BECAUSE I'M NOT AN ASSHOLE!" I walked closer to Draco, who's pale face had lost any color to it, and I whispered in his ear, "You make me question whether you love me or not."

Then I nodded to Harry and walked away without another word. 

I didn't speak for a while. Despite people trying to talk to me I just couldn't open my mouth. Hermione sent me to Madam Pomfrey, who said there's nothing medically wrong with me. It's that I'm trapped inside my own head.

I had sat down at the Gryffindor table a few days later for breakfast, and there was a cold hand on my shoulder. I looked at Draco, and shook my head no at my friends who were about to tell him off.

"Could you stand up with me here?" He asked softly, and I stood.

He then looked around, getting everyone's attention, including Umbridge, who looked like she was going to murder us, "Hey! Look right fucking here! Epona Potter is my girlfriend, and I fucking love her!" Draco looked me directly in the eye as he said the last part.

I smiled, "I fucking love you too."

He kissed me gently before Umbridge used her stupid wand to force us apart.

"Ms. Potter, detention."

"WHAT!?" Ron and I both yelled.

"That's bullshit." Hermione growled as I sat down.

Ron gave me a nervous look for a moment when people had looked away and went back to what they were doing. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he gulped.

"Hey um...Effie, can we talk?" He asked, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Seeing him get more nervous I smiled, "Of course! No need to seem so nervous!"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the hallway and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, Effie. I was such a dick to you. I promise I didn't mean it I've just been so stressed lately and you...you defended me and my family from Malfoy and it's made me realize that I haven't been really nice to you and-"

I put my finger to his lips, smiling, "Ron, it's all good. I understand what it's like to be that stressed and take it out on other people." I grinned and elbowed him playfully, "You're lucky it was me and I'm very forgiving."

He gave me a wavering nervous smile, and I hugged him tightly, "You're like a brother to me, Ron. Know that I'll always be here for you, Slytherin bitch or not." I grinned, and he did too.

"You were never a bitch. Just a little weird, but in a good way. After all, I don't think anyone here is normal even for magics." He grinned, putting his arm around me.

I sighed, "True that. I just can't believe I have to spend another detention with Umbridge. She keeps taking my fucking books and shit. Did you know she stole my sewing machine from August's dorm?"

Ron looked at me wide eyed, "No fucking way." 

I nodded, "It's been very hard to be a good person and not get sent to Azkaban for a little bonfire accident."

He laughed nervously, "Remind me not to get on your bad side." He laughed, and I did too.

Third Person POV:

After classes, Epona walked into Umbridge's office, her sleeves rolled up, revealing the countless scars from the darkest time of her life.

"Ahem." She cleared her throat loudly and obnoxiously, and Umbridge motioned her to sit down.

Before Epona could, someone else cleared their throat at the door. Umbridge smiled and turned her head, and she looked behind her. Epona raised an eyebrow as she saw Draco leaning on her office door frame. She mouthed, "what are you doing?"

"Professor, if you punish her, you have to punish me too. After all, I broke the rules too." He said, strolling into her office, his hands in his front pockets of his pants.

She just smiled, "Well, Mr. Malfoy, she had tempted you, and your father will be sure to know-"

Draco strutted up to the professor, and Epona couldn't hear what he said next, but Umbridge tensed, her face draining of color.

"my father knows. he knows because I'm going to marry this girl. I'm sure you wouldn't want my father finding out if you did something to his only son and will be daughter-in-law." Draco smirked, patting her back slightly, then moved back to Epona, who just looked at him confused from not being able to hear him.

Umbridge took a deep breath, her evil smile back on her face, "Miss Potter, you will write me a four page essay on chapters one through five of your defense against the dark arts text book. Now go." She turned around, and Epona tilted her head, very very confused.

Draco looped his arm in hers and walked her out of the room. When they made it to the hallway, she turned to him.

"What did you say to her?" She asked, a curious glint in her sparkling green eyes.

Draco smirked, then twirled her hair on his finger, "Oh, it was nothing, Darling. Just the truth."

She smiled, raising an eyebrow, "Since when does Draco Malfoy tell the truth?"

He looked her in the eyes, "When it comes to you, I'd never lie. Would you like to know why, Potter?"

She nodded and he put his hand on her face, "Because I love you, Epona Potter. Don't ever forget that."

Epona smiled, her body glowing. She smiled, pulling her head away, and walking down the hallway, "Guess I better get started on that essay. I'll see you at dinner."

He nodded, smirking, and he licked his lips as he watched her walk away, the bounce back in her step. Draco had missed that sparkle in her eyes and the bounce in her step from when he first met her. Now that it was back, he was going to make sure it didn't go away again.

Like he said, the one thing he doesn't lie about is anything that has to do with Epona.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't been updating as frequently or as long chapters, so I hope you enjoyed this one. I'm going to get back on track to the normal story line, so yeah.

Anyways, hope you're having an absolutely stellar day/night!

Until Next Time, Byeee!