twenty-two.

I made my way through the warehouse, a screwdriver in my hand and copper wire hanging from my wrist

I made my way through the warehouse, a screwdriver in my hand and copper wire hanging from my wrist. It had been a chaotic morning, Tony and Rocket working on the Quantum platform as everyone else stayed away from the two of them. I had been working in one of the containment labs all morning, making sure that the suits were ready for us to use them next week. There was a drilling noise filling the warehouse as I made my way through it, Tony looking towards me as I passed him. Rocket was clinging to the underside of the machine, hanging on with one hand as he used the other to drill in a screw.

"Why is there a cat wandering my halls?" Tony asked me as I turned to look at him, holding the screwdriver in my hand. I scrunched my eyebrows as he nodded towards the back wall as I turned to look at it. I watched as Charlie slowly squeezed through a door that was held open with a tool box. I bounced the screwdriver against my palm for a moment, staring at Tony who was awaiting an answer. I probably should have kept Charlie out of the labs and workshops, but I barely had time to catch him to put him back in the living quarters. "He enjoys roaming" I replied, shrugging my shoulders as Tony raised his eyebrows at me, dissatisfied with my answer. "Sue him" I added, turning around again and walking back down the hall.

"Keep him away from the wires" Tony called after me as I stopped at the door to the lab, scrunching my eyebrows. "He's not a rabbit" I retorted, turning back to the lab to see Scott standing in the white suit that Bruce and Tony had worked on over the past few days. Nebula and Bruce were working on the finishing touches to the suit, Rhodey leaning up against a wall with his arms crossed as he watched them lazily. "You almost done?" I asked, setting the screwdriver down on the table as Nebula held her hand out for the copper wire. I threw it over to her, her blue hand extending and catching it without even turning her head a slightest bit.

"Just a couple of things" Bruce told me with a nod of his head, Rhodey nodding his head at me in greeting as I smiled. Bruce bend his knees slightly, holding the small red cylinder of Pym Particles as he extended his fingers towards Scott's belt. "Hey, hey, hey" Scott objected, shaking his head as Bruce let out a sigh, pulling his hand away from the small housing unit on the suit. "I'm being very careful" Bruce said to him as Scott took the tube from him, Nebula taking a step away. "No, you're being very Hulky" Scott argued back, holding up the tube as Bruce nodded his head, a small amused smirk on his face.

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it" he said, shaking his head as he let out an angered sigh, Rhodey holding his hand out to him. "Scott, calm down" Rhodey told him as he nodded his head, taking a deep breath through his nose. "Sorry, we just have enough for one round trip each and that's it" he said, bending his head as he hovered his hand over the housing unit on his belt. "There's no do-overs, and we can over have two test runs" he said as he took in another deep breath, pushing the cylinder into place as his finger slipped, a beeping filling the room.