33.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

And again, Suna was left speechless with nothing but deep worry flooding over him as he heard those words.

"H-he got out of the car and I ran the opposite direction, but he was too fast and caught up to me. Then he started choking me while also raising a knife," Shinyya lowered the hospital gown's collar, making Suna's eyes widened in shock.

Deep, purple bruises surrounded her neck. Some where scratches and minor scars. Suna traced his finger across her skin, softly and carefully while he did then looked up to meet her eyes.

"What else happened?"

"The neighbors heard and immediately saw us and called the police." The ravenette shook her head. "I-I...threw whatever object I was holding...and it was y-your phone. It's broken now, Rin— b-but I'll buy you another one I swear! Please don't get mad—"

"What?" Suna interrupted with his brows knitted. "Hey, you don't have to replace it, bub. I'm not mad because of that." He reassured her. "I'm just...disappointed because even though you knew someone was after you this whole time, you still went out alone just for a phone."

"Now I understand why the twins have been treating you like this." He added.

"He's back for me."

Swallowing a lump in his throat, he only squeezed Shinyya's arm for reassurance as he lets her sob all emotions out while he pondered on the story she just told.

"What if he'll be after you too? The twins? Hina-san? I...u-understand if y-you'll leave...a-and I want you to—"

"Oi." He cuts her off, speaking sternly.

"I said I'm not leaving." Suna continued. "I thought I made it clear that I'm staying?"

"But I just told you what he's capable of! He can hurt you to get to me!"

"Nah, he won't." Suna teased.

"Rin!" Shinyya whined, wiping her tears as Suna only laughed while she repeatedly slammed her fists on his chest. "I am serious!"

"I am too bub."

"Why the hell are you smirking like it's nothing?!"

"Alright alright calm down!" The brunette continued snickering as he lightly pushed Shinyya to lay back on the bed. "Your wire's all tangled now. You'll be discharged later said Osamu so you might as well rest."

"Don't you guys have practice?"

"The twins are here so might as well skip with them."

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"You had to skip practice because of me."

From a smug smirk, Suna's face contorted into a small frown as he cupped her cheeks to softly caress her pale skin with his thumb. "You're more important right now, bub." He breathed. "I'm glad you're okay. Fuck that phone. I'd give you all my things if it means keeping you safe."

Shinyya's blue orbs dilated momentarily as she looked at Suna's usual cunning and sly eyes now filled with love and concern. She pressed her lips into a thin line, suppressing the urge to cry, again, but this time from the reassurance Suna has been constantly giving her.

And who would've known that the usually bored-looking, uncaring, and stoic Suna Rintarou actually has a different side — a much more gentle and softer one for only a certain person.

"Did you call Kita-san?" Suna said, softly closing the door.

"The news spread all over Hyogo, but it only came out as a holdup robbery." Osamu replied. "I told him that Shin was the victim and he knew that we skipped practice to be with her. He said he understood, prolly gonna visit later with the others."

"Where's Shin-chan?" Atsumu asked, worried.

"Asleep. She said she wanted to be alone." Suna sighed and sat on the sofa beside Osamu as he pulled his phone out. "The windows are locked, don't worry."

"Nē, Sunarin."

"What?"

"She didn't have a phone. She's not allowed to have one."

"It's my old one." The brunette honestly and bluntly replied. "I gave it to her."

From across him, he heard Atsumu mumble the words 'That must be it' before turning to him with a serious expression.

"Did she tell you why she doesn't have a phone?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, Suna shook his head 'no'.

"We assume it's the reason how he was able to find Shin." Osamu sighed, running a hand through his grey strands. "Maybe through hack, GPS, or something."

"He's mostly everywhere Shin goes." Atsumu added. "The day when they were heading for Yamagata, no one else knew which route their bus will take or even the day they will leave except for the close and trusted ones."

"Still he found her."

"And we had to confiscate all her devices. Hina-san even gave up hers. We can only communicate with them through a telephone."

"Fuck this." The blonde continued, mumbling as he ruffled his hair in frustration. "'Samu...we were useless."

"'Ya think I don't know that idiot?"

"We missed two years of her life and now that she's finally back, we can't even make it up to her. I'm pissed at us, 'Samu." He huffed.

"Is it true?"

The twins turned to Suna, tilting their heads as they waited for him to continue.

"That she wasn't able to recognize you two?"

Remembering the memory, a frown plastered itself on both of the twins' faces as they looked down on their palms.

Atsumu could still vividly remember how Shinyya reacted violently with such rage in her eyes as she looked at him with no familiarity when he went to visit her.

And Osamu could still picture how Shinyya suddenly broke down in the corner of the room as he watched her from the glassed walls.

Those were memories the twins wanted to forget but could never. Seeing their bestfriend look at them like they were strangers in her eyes was hurting them enough.

Atsumu lets out a scoff and a wry chuckle, looking up again from his palms. "She was paranoid and traumatized, we can't blame 'er. The only thing that kept her sane was the violin. If more of the people she cares about dies...who knows what she'll do."

"So, Sunarin, now that you know all of this and we don't know how you reacted when Shin told 'ya, we're giving you two choices."

Knitting his eyebrows, Suna faced the twins with a stern expression. "What is it?" He asked.

"Hina-san, 'Tsumu, mom, dad, and I know the risks of getting involved with Shin-chan, I'm sure you're aware too?" Osamu said, his dark orbs staring straight into the middle-blocker's greyish-yellow ones.

"You can leave her, break up with her, cut off all ties with her and won't have to worry about a murderer possibly coming for you...or stay; but you have to know that there's a chance you'll suffer the same fate as her bandmates.

"You can leave while we're giving you a chance, Suna." Atsumu said.

Are they joking?

Suna's frown deepened as he pondered longer on what the twins said.

Leave her?

Especially when someone's after her?

But even without someone trying to kill her; even when she's just a normal girl living a normal life; letting her go was never a choice for him.

"You really are idiots." He scoffed, giving the twins a serious look as he spoke. "I already made up my mind since I asked her to be mine."