proud of you

"M-m'lady?" Marinette said looking confused. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"Mari! I said Mari!" Adrien said looking at her face as she wiped away her tears. Marinette's face turned from a shocked look to a more suspicious one. "Marinette, I-" Adrien wanted to tell her how he felt, but he knew that wouldn't be good for either of them. Marinette would be happier with Cat Noir because she could truly be herself, and Adrien knew he was more confident as Chat, and his true personality showed when he was Cat Noir, so no matter how much he wanted to tell her he loved her right then and there, he knew he couldn't.

"Goodbye Adrien." Marinette said looking as if she could burst into tears again any second and then they made eye contact one final time before she ran away. Adrien reached out his hand hopelessly, as this time he knew she wouldn't be going back to him as Adrien, and he knew that was for the best, but somehow it still broke him now that he was loosing a part of her that he always had, as one of the things that their friendship was built on was Marinette's crush on him, even if he hadn't always known it. Adrien sighed and wondered if things would ever be the same between them again. He was hopeful though. Now that Adrien was out of the picture for Marinette, maybe she would finally love him for who he really is as Cat Noir!

Both Marinette and Adrien got in trouble for falling asleep in class that day, but kept sleeping anyways, as they had more important things going on tonight, which was catching Hawkmoth and ending all akumanizations in Paris. As Adrien walked home he decided he wanted to go to Marinette's earlier then yesterday, as now could be his opportunity to make her really fall for him since she was officially over Adrien, or at least he thought so. When Adrien got home, he was able to get out of fencing and piano by playing is off as he was sick, as he definitely looked like he was due to his fatigue. He then locked his door and transformed into Cat Noir, and left though his window for Marinette's. He was nervous as he landed on her patio. "Deep breath in, deep breath out," he said to himself as he knocked on her window. He sat down next to the window and was shocked to see Ladybug land on the patio right behind him. "Hey M'lady, what are you up to?" Chat asked while moving his hand to block the sun from his squinting eyes.

"The real question is what are you up to? Aren't we leaving at dark?" Ladybug said as a smile slowly emerged on her face. Even if she didn't show it, Chat knew she was happy to have her there.

"Since yesterday didn't work out, we have to get our minds ready! Tonight could be the night we stop Hawkmoth forever! And plus I don't particularly mind your presence M'lady!" Chat said, and then flirtatiously smiled and winked.

"I don't mind having it either." Ladybug admitted with a sweet smile as she stepped closer to the window as Chat opened it for her. Chat then followed her through as she transformed back to Marinette. He covered his eyes as she transformed, as watching her transformation really hurt his eyes. Chat moved a little closer to her on the bed. 

"M'lady, I just wanna say that if you're not ready for anything I understand. I value our friendship over anything and I'm willing to wa-" Chat was interrupted by Marinette's lips on his, and it felt like time completely stopped as she held his face. She then pulled her head back after the short, but powerful kiss and looked him deep in the eyes. She then looked to the side, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I didn't-." Chat leaned in and kissed her again, this time it was longer and his hands were placed on the back of her head. His heart beat so fast, but this time out of pure joy and he couldn't help but smile while kissing her as the butterflies rose in his stomach, and he knew that she felt it too.  They both pulled back and Chat smiled charmingly, while Marinette blushed like he had never seen before. 

"Don't be." Chat said with a charming smile. Chat was feeling so many emotions as the girl of his dreams had just kissed him, and all he could think about was what the future would hold for them. A million thoughts rushed through Chat's head. I can't believe she just kissed me. Does she love me? I'm going to be with this girl forever aren't I. I hope I'm with this girl forever. Chat sat back down as Marinette did, who was smiling almost as much as he was, but trying to be subtle about it. However Chat wondered why he would want to be subtle about something like this! He knew he would have a hard time not smiling for the rest of the day, as with all of these joyful emotions he couldn't contain them.