seventeen

The sky was completely black as Kasia, Cara, and Mando made their way quickly through the woods

The sky was completely black as Kasia, Cara, and Mando made their way quickly through the woods. Mando was out in front, with Kasia in the middle and Cara bringing up the rear. Finally, the trio slowed their pace as they at last glimpsed the raiders' camp, their fires the only pinpricks of light in the ebony darkness.

Coming to a stop a short distance from the camp, the three of them hid behind nearby trees, listening as the raiders spoke in an alien language. As she listened, Kasia racked her brain, trying to remember where she had heard it before.

"Klatooinians," she whispered a moment later, putting a name to the aliens who spoke the language. At the word, Cara and Mando nodded at her, and a moment later they all slipped from their positions behind trees, noiselessly making their way closer to the camp.

As silent and deadly as wraiths, they each snuck up behind one of the three Klatooinians around one of the fires on the outskirts of the camp. Then, they pounced. As the Klatooinian in her arms struggled against the chokehold Kasia had around his neck, her nose crinkled at the scent emitting from his mouth. Finally, after a long and treacherous moment, he went limp in her arms, out cold. Carefully she placed him on the ground, before standing up straight.

She turned to see Mando and Cara doing the same. Without a word—silent or otherwise (she had told Cara of her telepathic ability in case it might come in handy on the mission)—the three of them continued to sneak towards the camp, coming to a stop as they reached one of the tents.

A short way away, they could hear indistinct chatter from another of the raiders' campfires. By some miracle, however, they had not yet seemed to have noticed their fallen comrades at the adjacent campfire.

Now, came Mando's voice in Kasia's head as he nodded towards Cara.

In unison, the three of them unholstered the blasters at their sides before stepping into the raiders' tent.

Kasia frowned and tilted her head in confusion at what she saw as she entered. While there were no Klatooinians inside, there appeared to be two large machines-tanks, filled with a liquid which Kasia couldn't identify.

It doesn't matter what it is, she told herself as she slowly put her blaster back in its holster, Cara and Mando doing the same next to her.

Still silent, Mando made his way towards the pole in the middle of the tent and placed an explosive. Immediately it began flashing red and emitting a low beeping.

At the sound, Kasia had to stifle her grin, the memory of the day she and Mando had rescued the child flashing through her mind. Ah, good times.

You might have a point about the detonators, Mando's admitted to her silently a moment later, obviously remembering that moment as well. This time she didn't hide her smile.

Suddenly, Cara whistled and nodded her head towards the tent flap. Kasia's body tensed, abruptly sensing the three approaching presences. How Cara had realized it before she had was something which Kasia couldn't say.