Chapter Nine

Another nightmare had woke Sophie up early in the morning. Only this time, she didn't just gasp or wake up in a sweat or even just scream. No, today's nightmare had decided to show her such a gruesome thing that she woke up, sprinted to the bathroom and threw up.

So that's how Keefe found her when he came in her room for her exercises that she had already forgotten about, dried tears steamed in her face, beyond messy hair and throwing up into her toilet.

He cursed and ran over. "What happened? Are you sick?" He sat down beside her and held back her hair, cringing as she threw up again in the toilet.

"Hey, try to take deep breaths okay?" Keefe patted her back lightly and softly rubbed it in slow circles.

Sophie eventually stopped and slumped against the wall and flushed the toilet. Turning over to Keefe she gave him a small, tired smile. "Good morning." Her voice was quite and raspy from the stomach acid on her throat.

Keefe sighed and stood up. "I'm going to go get you some water, I'll be right back okay?" Sophie nodded weakly, not wanting to talk again. She still felt nauseous.

Taking deep breaths, she took some toilet paper and wiped her mouth clean. What a great way to start the day. She bitterly thought.

Keefe came back a minute later holding a bottle of water in his hand. "Here." He handed it to her and she gladly took a sip.

"Come on, lets get you back in bed." Keefe helped her up and laid her down in her bed, propping up her pillows. "When did you wake up?"

"About a half hour ago. Shouldn't we get started on the exercises?" Sophie just wanted a distraction from her raw throat and nauseous stomach.

"You should rest first, then we can do them." Keefe draped her blankets over her body and sat down in a chair sitting by her bed. "Anything specific that cause you to throw half your guts up?"

"Just a nightmare. Sorry." Sophie mumbled.

"Sorry? For what?"

"You watched me throw up my guts out first thing in the morning. Not the brightest sight. Thank you for holding my hair back though." Sophie felt horrible. Physically and mentally. Keefe already had to help her with her hand and ankle and now he has to help her with this to. He must be sick of her.

"Hey, don't feel bad. It's not your fault you got sick." Keefe smiled at her. "Plus, I got to see your morning hair, which I must say, is not your best look." Sophie groaned, her face going red with embarrassment.

"Don't worry, you still mange to look adorable." Keefe smirked as Sophie face went even more red than before. This was not the kind of distraction she meant.

"Aww look, it's make Foster blush. My new favorite game."

Sophie buried her face in her hands. "Shut up."

Keefe laughed. "Never."

There was a long pause of silence between the two before Keefe stood up from his chair. "Okay! Time for those exercises!"

The exercises took awhile. A long, painful, exhausting while. But when they were finished, Keefe bright up a bottle of apple juice for celebration. Elwin also told her to drink it to help with her throat.

Sophie gulped down the bottle quickly. She wasn't aloud to eat for another thirty minutes because there was a chance she would just throw it up again.

Sophie set aside the now empty bottle. "I'm hungryyyyyyyy." She whined.

Keefe had already eaten his breakfast (a bagel) while Sophie waited up stairs. He didn't want to but Sophie insisted he should eat.

"I'll get you something to eat sooooooonnnnnn." Keefe said mockingly.