chapter 10

THEY ALL STARED at her in shock, speechless for a long minute

THEY ALL STARED at her in shock, speechless for a long minute. Finally getting their bearings in control, Sil cautiously asked her,"We can neither confirm nor deny that. How are you guessing this?"

Zara rolled her eyes,"Your first sentence gave you away, brother dear. You only say that when you don't want to admit that the other person is right."

"And here," She reached into her pocket and took out a tissue. Placing it on the table, she slid it to her eldest brother,"this was in that air hostess' pocket. When we were having our lovely battle that I lost, she dropped it. I picked it up."

"You didn't lose. She is the one who is dead, not you." Leo assured her.

Zara smiled at his attempt of comforting her. She patted his shoulder since he was only sitting next to her,"She died because Sal killed her. If he had been a second late, you guys would be planning my funeral right now."

Her words affected them more than she expected. Even the thought of it ignited such a rage and sadness in them that it was enough to burn the whole world down.

"And even though I appreciate your effort of making me feel better," Zara retracted her hand and placed it back on the table,"I accepted a long time ago that I have as much physical strength as Antartica has humans. I barely pass p.e." She admitted.

Sal smiled slightly at her words but then picked up the piece of paper. In sleek cursive a message was written on it.

Kill them all but bring the girl alive

~V.R.

Sal's jaw clenched as his suspicions were confirmed. The same man who ruined their family was after his sister now. He couldn't be more furious.

He passed the note to Tino, who was sitting next to him, and watched as he read it. Anger flared in his eyes and he passed the note to the next person.

Zara watched as the note was rotated around the table. She had already read the note this morning when she had woken up. The note finally reached Sal again and he carefully pocketed it.

"I'll discuss this with dad later." He assured and Zara nodded.

They sat in silence for a minute before Dele cleared his throat,"Would you like to go to your room, tesoro?"

Zara smiled,"Glad you asked. I would love to head to my room and take a shower." She agreed and stood up, picking up her bag with her.

Dele stood up as well, starting to walk towards the stairs,"Come on then."

Zara bagan following him but just before she reached the stairs, she turned back around and addressed Tino,"You can deposit Nugget on my pillow when you get tired of holding him."