five

"Surprise?"

Jiyeon looked at the boy with a puzzled expression.

"What are you doing here, Jaemin?" She asked him and he scoffed a bit as he stood up, proudly holding the articles of clothing that had fallen.

"Shopping, duh." He remarked and Jiyeon gave him a look as if she couldn't believe him.

"Shopping for... women's clothing?" She asked and Jaemin felt his ears turn red at the fact that he had gotten caught in a lie but didn't want to budge.

"I have a unique sense of fashion. These happen to look good on me." He replied with chin being held up with pride. Jiyeon scoffed out a laugh as she took one of the shirts from his arms and held it up.

"I never woulda thought that a frilly, extra-small crop top would be your sense of fashion." She said as she held the shirt with a simple finger, showing how small it looked next to Jaemin's body.

"If I hadn't known better, I would say that you're stalking me- Wait, are you stalking me?" She questioned with a raised brow and Jaemin widened his eyes, knowing damn well he was caught.

"Uh- No. Please why would I stalk you?" He replied and Jiyeon gave him the same 'are you serious' look she gave everyone.

Her expression didn't change and Jaemin felt his very weak front beginning to deteriorate. As her gaze on him grew stronger, he felt himself let out a loud sigh and guiltily looked at the ground.

"Okay fine! Maybe I was stalking you." He finally admitted and Jiyeon laughed a bit at the way he said it. She found it sort of adorable seeing him flustered.

"But that's only because I need to talk to you!" He exclaimed and Jiyeon raised her brow at his sudden outburst.

"Why?" She asked with her arms crossing.

"Because of that." He answered, pointing to her tattoo and Jiyeon felt her body stiffen. She already had the idea that he wanted to talk about it but she thought he would've taken the hint that she's uncomfortable with it.

All of a sudden, her phone dinged, showing Chunhei's contact name followed by a message asking 'where are you?'.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and turned to where she previously stood and saw Chunhei turning her head in all sorts of directions.

The two suddenly made eye contact and Chunhei furrowed her brows, wondering why Jiyeon was over there now. That's when Chunhei decided to take action and began walking towards her friend, making her panic.

"Listen we can talk about this later but you have to go." Jiyeon hurriedly said and Jaemin gave her a confused expression.

"Why not now? It's better if we talk about it sooner, Jiyeon." Jaemin told her and Jiyeom just ignored him.

"You have to go. Please-" Jiyeons was cut off by Chunhei's voice saying her name.

"Oh my gosh hey Chunhei!" Jiyeon said as she turned around, fake smile splattered on her face and attempting to hide Jaemin which was impossible to do seeing as how he was quite taller than her.

"Hey? Who's this?" Chunhei asked as she tilted her head.

"Oh he's someone I was helping out-"

"I'm Na Jaemin. And you?" Jaemin interrupted Jiyeon and held out a hand for Chunhei to shake with a smile, making her blush a bit from how gorgeous he was.

"I'm Song Chunhei." She replied and shook his hand with a slight shyness, making Jiyeon roll her eyes and she felt a slight twinge inside of her.

"Yeah yeah. Come on Jaemin, don't you have to get going?" Jiyeon asked as she turned to face the boy with desperate eyes.

Jaemin noticed the pleading and him being the nice person he is, he gave a sigh of defeat and nodded.

"I do have to go. I'm supposed to be with someone right now." Jaemin lied and turned to look around in the store as if he was searching for someone but it turned out to be a fatal mistake.

As Jaemin turned his head, Chunhei caught a glimpse of red on his neck and eyes it carefully once he faced the two girls again.

Realization hit her as she noticed that it was identical to her friends and stopped Jaemin from walking away.

"Woah woah, you're soulmates?!" She exclaimed a little too loudly and Jiyeon panicked, ready to walk off until Chunhei took a hold of her arm to stop her.

"Jiyeon we found your soulmate!" Chunhei exclaimed with excitement in her voice and Jiyeon slightly cringed since she knew they were getting stares from people around the store.

"Let's just go." Jiyeon muttered to her friend who shook her head.

"Nope!" Chunhei said and Jiyeon rolled her eyes at the stubbornness.

"Can we at least go somewhere more private to talk? You're being way too loud and it's not even your soulmate we found." Jiyeon said and that's when Jaemin spoke up.

"We can talk at my house." Jaemin offered and Chunhei perked her head up with a confused expression.

"I thought you said you needed to meet someone." Chunhei asked and Jiyeon silently begged for Jaemin not to expose her but unfortunately, he didn't catch on.

"Nope. She told me to me to go." Jaemin said and pointed to Jiyeon who held a guilty smile.

Chunhei narrowed her eyes at her friend slightly, not liking the fact that she would try and hide her soulmate from her but it was quickly changed by a bright expression.

"Perfect. Lead the way Mr.Jiyeon's soulmate!" She exclaimed and grabbed Jiyeon's hand, ready to walk.

Jiyeon cringed for the nth time that day from embarrassment that her friend caused but Chunhei was her best friend so there was no stopping or getting rid of her.

And with that, the soulmates walked out of the store with a very unnecessary Chunhei wedged between them.

Chunhei knew how her friend could get uncomfortable so that's why she decided to walk between them and Jiyeon silently thanked her, appreciating it deeply.

The three walked on the sidewalk, Jaemin silently advancing forward as he felt quite awkward walking next to the two girls who chatted and stayed silent until they arrived at his house.

───── ⋆⋅♡ ⋅⋆ ─────
"Oh my gosh she's meeting Buddy!" Someone exclaimed and another rolled his eyes.

"Do you have to shout out everything that's happens?! We have eyes to see!" Another said and the male scoffed.

"I make this more exciting. Sorry that you don't know how to be fun." He shot back and before a fight could break out, someone stepped between the two with crossed arms.

"Let's not fight. We gotta pay attention to Jaemin and how this is gone go." They calmly explained and the two rolled their eyes.

"You're still no fun."

"HEY!"

——————————
sorry for not updating yesterday :( i was extremely sleep deprived and couldn't manage to stay awake to write another chapter :((

but please vote and comment!
also it would mean the world to me if you guys could check out my edits on my tiktok account @/nctsbitchacha :)

lots of love,
t <3