𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 3࿐⋆new beginings and endings⋆

"Can I call you uncle Moony now?"

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

"Shocking business... shocking... miracle none of them died... never heard the like... by thunder, it was lucky you were there, Snape..."

"Thank you, Minister."

"Order of Merlin, Second Class, I'd say. First Class, if I can wangle it!"

"Thank you very much indeed, Minister."

"Nasty cut you've got there... Black's work, I suppose?"

"As a matter of fact, it was Potter, Diggory, Weasley, and Granger, Minister..."

"No!"

"Black had bewitched them, I saw it immediately. A Confundus Charm, to judge by their behavior. They seemed to think there was a possibility he was innocent."

"What amazes me most is the behavior of the dementors... you've really no idea what made them retreat, Snape?"

"No, Minister... by the time I had come 'round they were heading back to their positions at the entrances..."

"Extraordinary. And yet Black, and Harry, and the girls-"

"All unconscious by the time I reached them. I bound and gagged Black, naturally, conjured stretchers, and brought them all straight back to the castle."

Harry opened his eyes and moved his head over on the pillow. In the bed to his right lay Hermione, and to his left was Y/N. Their eyes were open too.

Madam Pomfrey now came walking briskly up the dark ward to Harry's bed. She was carrying the largest block of chocolate Harry had ever seen in his life. It looked like a small boulder.

"Ah, you're awake!" she said briskly. She placed the chocolate on Harry's bedside table and began breaking it apart with a small hammer.

"How's Ron?" said Harry, Y/N, and Hermione together.

"He'll live," said Madam Pomfrey grimly. "As for you three... you'll be staying here until I'm satisfied you're- Potter, Diggory, what do you think you're doing?"

Harry was sitting up, putting his glasses back on, and picking up his wand. Y/N stood up from her bed and shoved her wand inside her pocket.

"We need to see the headmaster," said Harry.

"Potter," said Madam Pomfrey soothingly, "it's all right. They've got Black. He's locked away upstairs. The dementors will be performing the Kiss any moment now-"

"WHAT?"

Harry and Hermione had also jumped out of their beds. Cornelius Fudge and Snape had entered the ward.