― chapter 21.

❝ what, is this supposed to be difficult? ❞

THE NEXT MORNING, Ayane faked being sick.

Liana bought it easily enough, so she let Ayane get back into bed. Although, Liana knew something had happened between her and Miguel last night and suspected it had to do with that.

Ayane held her phone in her hands, trying to find a way to contact Robby. He seemed practically nonexistent on social media.

Sighing, Ayane threw her phone down and got out of bed, going downstairs to get something to drink. She paced the kitchen, trying to rack her brain for ways to get out of the house. Ennis was upstairs sleeping, and Liana was busy cleaning. They might not even notice she was gone.

Then, Ayane realized that Robby worked at the dealership. Her mind lit up with a metaphorical lightbulb, Ayane smiling to herself.

It was just her luck that Liana came into her room a while later, announcing that she was going to run errands.

Ayane waited until she was gone, then changed clothes. She looked down at her phone, half expecting to see a text from Miguel. She pushed the thought out of her mind.

With a cab, Ayane arrived at the dealership a few minutes later. She only had one task, so she figured she wouldn't be here long. Ayane had to get back home before Liana.

Walking inside, she recognized the boy as he was sweeping the already spotless looking floor.

Ayane glanced around, then walked over.

Robby looked up as she approached him, surprised.

"Ayane? What are you doing here-"

"I have to make this quick," she cut off, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of earshot of anyone else.

Ayane pursed her lips. "Alright. I need your help."

Robby furrowed his eyebrows with confusion, but nodded. "Okay... what do you need?"

"I need you to help me train. No one else will do it because they're all scared I'm gonna hurt myself."

He frowned. "Well then don't you think you should listen to them?"

Ayane glared. "No, they're all just being pussies. Anyway, give me your number so I can text you my address. Come over tonight whenever you get done working."