CHAPTER •°• seven

REMUS WAS COMING BACK from Ancient Runes alone. Besides him, none of the Marauders attended that class.

He usually sat there with Dylan and came back from it with him as well, but that day the Ravenclaw was preoccupied with something and didn't come.

Not that Remus wasn't used to it, Dylan didn't attend half of his classes, but still. He would rather him to be there, at least this once. That would prevent him from thinking about Sirius.

Or, more specifically, about Sirius and Maggie. Like... when she came into the room he could feel the bond that she shared with Padfoot.  

And when she said 'brother of merlin, I love you so much'... Remus frowned. The way that Sirius smiled at that - it just had to be some kind of an inside joke.

He didn't share private inside jokes with Sirius. He only shared the ones that the whole group came up with, not just some between the two of them.

Remus sighed, correcting his grip on his bag. He could go to the library and try to write an essay for Transfiguration that McGonagall told them to hand her by Friday.

Or, he could go to Lily and talk to her. No, but that would inevitably lead to conversation about Sirius and about Remus being bi - he still didn't tell her. 

Not because he was afraid or something, he just didn't really have an occasion and so...

"Remus!" Moony heard suddenly behind his back and he felt shivers going down his spine.

James.

He loved James, but he also tried to avoid talking to him alone ever since that lesson he swore at. 

He succeeded so far, but how could he get out of this now? Damn, he was lost, he could pretend that he didn't hear James but there was nowhere to hide and no people to go to.

"Remus!" The call repeated as Moony didn't react and Lupin finally gave up.

He had no other option anyway, there was no point in pretending that he didn't hear James.

So he slowly turned around just to see Potter running in his direction in his Quidditch uniform and a wide smile on his face.

"Finally!" He breathed out, getting to Remus and stopping next to him, in order to calm his breath. "I thought you would never hear me." He said and Remus laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah... eh." He swallowed. "I was just, you know, lost in thoughts." He said and James nodded his head straightening up a bit.

"So, how was the most boring lesson in school?" Asked him Potter as the two of them started walking again. 

Remus raised his eyebrows and answered freely, trying to ignore the feeling of being lured into a trap.

A Sirius trap.

"Good. How was the training of the most pointless sport in the world?" Remus retorted and James huffed loudly.

"Excuse you!" He shouted but as Moony only glanced at him with a mischievous grin, he shook his head and changed the topic. "Anyway, I'm glad to finally talk to you alone." Said James and Remus cleared his throat nervously.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, trying to pretend that he wasn't on the verge of panic at all.

"Yeah." James took a pause and seemed to be wondering about something for a second. "You remember when you said lately that..." But he wasn't meant to finish.

When Remus heard his words his brain started to run through the worst scenarios possible.

James getting mad at him for acting like a dick and not wanting to be friends with him anymore.