Six

"don't let them tell you that your pain should be confined to the past, that it bears no relevance to the present

"don't let them tell you that your pain should be confined to the past, that it bears no relevance to the present. your pain is part of who you are. they don't know how strong that makes you."
---

Today I have an interview with the place Isabelle told me about. She gave me a ride to the Daycare because Wes was out with his friends again.

Isabelle said that she was going to pick me up after she ran a few errands which I didn't mind.

It was super hard getting ready for the interview because I didn't have clothes that were good enough to wear at an interview.

I put on some clean, blue skinny jeans that have no rips what's so ever. I also have a black blouse that had buttons going down the shirt and it was also long sleeves which were good because it was a little chilly outside.

I accessorized with a necklace that was my mother's. It had a heart pendant with her initials on the back. I also was wearing another chain necklace that was my brother's, but he gave it to me.

"Okay, you are going to do great Alexis. Just be yourself and make sure to smile and make good eye contact but you are going to be great."

"Thanks, Isabelle. I appreciate what you have done for me a lot. " I said with a small smile.

"Of course, honey. You are family. Always remember that." Isabelle said and she gave me one last smile before I opened the door and got out of the car.

I looked up at the building and it read 'Sunshine Academy' and it also had a sun with a smiley face next to the big bold letters.

I take a deep breath and let it out before walking towards the entrance of the building.

When I walk in, I see Halloween decorations on the walls and windows where I could see some kids inside the classrooms.

I walk towards the front desk where I see a girl typing on the computer. "Hi, I have an interview today with Kayla Johnson," I stated with a smile.

The lady looks up at me. "Kayla is in the back. What's your name?"

"Alexis Carter."

The lady stands up. "Okay, I will go and let her know you are here. In the meantime, you can go sit down on the chairs over there." She said pointing to the chair they had set up against the wall.

I walk towards the chairs and sit down.

This looked like a good place to hold a daycare for kids. The decorations were fitting for the Holiday that was around the corner and I could even see some of the artwork the kids worked on.

"Alexis Carter." I look away from the decorations and see a woman who looked around my aunt's age. "Isabelle's niece?"

I stand up from the chair. "Yes."