Chapter Twenty-One

I'm awoken by the smell of food. It smells good and BACON! We all come downstairs to see Carl. I run over and hug him. "Everybody, is scrambled alright?" We all agree. Kev and Vee come over with donuts. We all sit down, Debbie talks to Carl by the fridge for another minute. Ian and Lip joke about leaving Monicas body in the hospital. Ian tells everyone he has to go to work, Lip says he has "Something to do" Hopefully AA.  "I'll go." Carl volunteers. "I can come". Vee says, taking the opportunity to tell us once again that the bar isn't theirs.

The boys talk about "A hand is a hand" and getting jerked off by old men. "How much can I make?" Carl asks. "Sarcastic shit," I murmur. "G. I Joe getting a rub and tug special from drunk Joe?" I joke. "Make like a hundred," Ian tells him. "You going to AA?" I ask Lip. "Nah, Going to see a friend." He tells me. "A girlfriend?"
"No, an AA friend." He tells me. He gets up and walks out the door. Ian's next to leave. He's late for work already, and He also skipped a few days of work due to his adventure. 
Enzo- I have a job. Make 4k If the car is undamaged. 
Me- Monica died, taking a day off
Enzo- Your contact says you work.
Me- She DIED, I need a day
Enzo- You need a job and Money.
Me- I'll be in

I groan and get up. "I'll be back," I tell Carl and Debbie. They end up leaving first to find Monicas storage unit. I walk to Enzos driver. He's a young kid who picked up for Enzo today. "Yo." He says. "You for Enzo?"
"Yeah." He lets me in and we drive to the car I need to steal. He drops me at the end of the street. "Thanks, man." He waves me off. I spot the car.

Its windows are locked, its doors are closed. It's a nice car, a Chevy Impala, possibly a 67'. I look at the ring of keys in my pocket and pick the one closest to the car's keys. The car doesn't unlock right away, which makes me nervous. It takes a few more tires but I finally hear the click I've been waiting for. I turn on the car and start to drive. "Fuck yeah baby." Not even five minutes later I hear cop cars. The sirens blare and lights flicker. I grab the phone and call Enzo. He answers and before he can say anything I cut him off. "Delete my number, don't call or text back. I've been caught." I hang up before he can respond. I text the first person that comes to mind... 

Me- Lip, I fucked up. Meet me at the jail in like twenty I imideatly get a text back but I don't look at it, I shut off my phone and take the sim card out of my phone I throw it hard out the window hoping it breaks and then I smash the phone on the glass above the steering wheel. I speed up a little more, Hitting around 80. I can hear what sounds like three cars trailing me. MY brain starts thinking of the shit I could be charged for. Im slightly drunk, I have weed in my system, I have cigarets on me, Theres liquor in the back even though this isn't mine. I can probably be traced back to most the cars I've stolen, now that I'm caught ill get charged. Probibly as an adult. Might even get bagged for robbing a few stores and stealing drugs. Im looking at around fifteen years for grand theft, Maybe four or five for robbery and a few months for drug shit. Along with probation and rehabilitation.  My brain fogs over with thoughts. FUCK! I try to think of a way to get out of this but I cant. 

I pull over and I can feel a car rearend me. One cop car parks in front of me and another behind me. I step out and hold up my hands. I give them a shit eating grin. One of the men slams me into the hood of the car, spreading my legs and holding my hands behind my back. "Kinky, I like it." He reaches for the back of my shirt and grabs it. Using the grip he pushes me into the hood, smashing my face into the car. "FUCK," I yell when I feel my nose start to bleed. "What the fuck man!"
"Your under arest for driving over the speed limit, not pulling over and causing a police chase, Driving under the influence and grand theft of an automotive vieical. " He gives me my rights. "Do you understand?" He asks me. "One more time?" I ask him. He tells me them and then starts to bring me to the car. "Officer, I don't understand my rights, Say them again?" He does and then I laugh. "Once more babe." he ignores me. "Name?" I ignore him. "Name?" He asks again. "Eat dirt."