II : THIRTEEN

Jana had never felt more guilty than she had in the days that follow their departure from Nevarro. She had made Din promise her something terrible, but something necessary. She knows he didn't want to, and though she feels guilty, she can't seem to regret it.

If he's forced to choose between saving Jana or saving the Child, Din would have to choose the Child.

The journey through hyperspace doesn't provide much except for silence to think. After they had spent the night together where they sat on the Razor Crest's floor, Din had retreated up to the cockpit to seek solitude. Jana had remained in the hull for the mostpart, heading up the latter to offer her Mandalorian meals or rest in the cot-compartment.

His responses were always short, a simple yes, no, or thank you, occasionally addressing Jana as the nickname she so desperately loves. But other than that, they hadn't been interacting much.

Jana understands the distance without needing it explained to her. Din isn't angry, or frustrated; He's sad, and knowing she's the source of it makes Jana feel even more guilty.

More than anything she craves his touch, his voice. She misses him even though he's just a latter away. It had been two days of traveling, two days of silence, but it felt like forever. But if space is what he needs, Jana will give it to him. The promise he had been sworn to is a lot to process for both of them.

She found herself praying a lot. In the silence Jana speaks to the Killshots that reigned the galaxy before her, asking them for clarity and guidance as they continue their quest. On her knees, Jana had prayed for safety and blessings and waited for responses in her quiet worship within the hull of the Razor Crest.

When Jana feels the Crest jolt as they come out of hyperspace she knows they've arrived at their destination. Having just finished twisting her hair into two tight braids that lead to a single bun at the bottom of her head, Jana climbs the latter to enter the cockpit, seeing Din's chair facing forward, the Child sitting on the control panel beside him.

Looking through the Razor Crest's glass, Jana tilts her head as she sees the planet. She had never been to Corvus before. Bo-Katan had said it's a forest planet, so in her mind she pictures the luscious green woods of Sorgan, a place that made an impression on her. Instead, the planet's surface looks rather grey, a few parts of it seemingly on fire.

"That's Corvus?" Jana asks, raising a brow.

Din's helmet turns slightly at the sound of Janas voice, "Yes. This is the place. I've detected a beacon. I'm gonna start the landing cycle," Then, the Mandalorian looks over to the Child as he speaks, "You better get back in your seat."

Jana sits down in the chair that had been designated as hers at Din's words, buckling in as the Child remains seated, his head tilting slightly as he sits, "Hey," Din firmly scolds, "What did I tell you? Back in your seat."

Silently watching the Child as he climbs off of the Razor Crest's control panel and over to his chair, Jana wants to say something. She's been in the quiet for two days, and the thought of more makes her head hurt.

When the Child is situated, Jana watches as he raises one of his hands, eyes closing in concentration. Then, the metal ball from one of the lever's flies through the air to the Kid's hand without Din noticing.

With his favourite toy now in his hands, the Child looks over to Jana, as if he realizes her had been caught, and the brunette just gives the little monster a small smile. If Din doesn't realize it's missing, it can't be that important.

---

Corvus' surface is humid and foggy, and the trees are sparse, making Jana frown as she walks out of the Razor Crest beside Din to scope out the area they hand landed, the Child trailing behind them. In the distance there are huge beasts that seem to eat the trees, and Jana just hopes none of them get too close to the Crest, the poor ship had been through too much already.