Chapter 11: Kiss

Zhongli's POV

She started scratching her head while staring at the ground while doing so. " Are you still a little confused? " I asked her with my eyebrows raised. She glanced at me and shyly nodded, she then looked away making me chuckle.

" Let me tell you the full story... " I told her.

~ Flashback ~

I was outside the Jade Chamber, looking at Liyue Harbor below me. " To protect and defend our safe harbor... " I muttered underneath my breath.

" Sorry, it really took a while. " I heard her say. I slowly turned around to face her.

" It's okay. I actually had- " I said with my eyes widen. She truly looked so beautiful, with her gorgeous eyes complementing perfectly with her looks.

' Truly a precious rare diamond. ' I thought.

" What? Don't look at me like that. I'm not even done yet. " She said with a laugh. I then took her hand and showed her the stone dumbbell.

" This is the Stone dumbbell. " I said and handed it to her. It started glowing brighter and brighter the moment she's holding it. The radiant bright glow it emits, it's similar to that glow of her Vision. I then looked at her and saw her staring at me as well.

" It contains all of her wisdom in it. She once said that I can open it- " I was cut off of my words when the stone dumbbell flew off her grasp. The stone dumbbell started releasing glowing dust and started circling around her, with her Vision reacting to it.  

I then started to see Guizhong's figure formed by the dust. " What's happening? " I heard (y/n) asked me with a worrying tone. I then saw Guizhong smiling at me.

" You finally did it, Rex. " She told me while looking at (y/n).

" It's really you... " I said with tears shown in my eyes, I then smiled at (y/n). I slowly went towards her and cupped her face.

" I'm happy for you, Rex. " Guizhong said.

" You're back. " I told her and looked at (y/n) as I can feel her elemental energy slowly diminishing.

" What are you waiting for?! " Guizhong said and laughed, I slowly leaned in and kissed (y/n). It's the first time I felt so warm and light. It felt so nice and soothing, even though I'm the one sharing my strength with her.

She parted away from me, " I'm gonna leave now, Rex. For our time, the time of the Adepti has long passed... " She said then the stone dumbbell burst causing sparkles of shining dust.

" Guizhong... " I said and hugged (y/n). I then saw Guizhong's figure slowly disappearing as she muttered something I wasn't able to comprehend.

" Lady (y/n), the guest is arriving soon. Lady Ningguang wishes to see you right away." A millelith guard said, she gently pushed me away. She nodded at the guard and looked at me.

" Excuse me, I can't deal with you right now, Mr. 'Zhongli.' " She said to me emphasizing my name again.

" Protect her, for she is the 'key'! " Guizhong yelled at me and gave me a smile before fading completely. I didn't quite hear what she said before that.

" I understand, Guizho- " (y/n) cut me off with a slap on my cheek and she glared at him. I looked shockingly at her while caressing my burning cheek. She just rolled her eyes at me and turned away, I saw Ningguang staring at us in shock.

I was about to explain everything to her when she—

" Kindly address me using my first name, you do know me, right Mr. Zhongli? " She said staring down at the ground, with her fist clenched. I was confused at why she's acting like this. Yet I still said—

" Y-yes... I'm sorry, (y/n)." She then nodded slightly and went to Ningguang, she shook her head and Ningguang then took her hand as they both left.

I started rethinking what happened and what I did wrong to deserve this, I then realized I kissed her without permission nor explanation.

~ End of Flashback ~

Her eyes widened after I told her the happened, she frustratingly yet softly punched my chest calling me, " You idiot! Idiot! Idiot! " she kept on cursing. She then started going on circles while grasping a large portion of her hair on both hands.

" What's wrong? " I asked her, she then glared at me. I was completely clueless until placed her hand on my shoulder and pulled me close to her. Our eyes met, and our faces became red and she started caressing my cheek with her finger.

" I want my kiss back

" I want my kiss back. " She told me, I looked confusingly at her. She quickly grabbed me by the collar and pulled me into a kiss. My eyes widen until my eyelids felt heavy, eventually closing my eyes, and slowly letting myself drown and give in to the kiss.

It felt so right, this kiss made me feel alive and awaken. I felt, human. It made me wanting for more.

' Yet is it a sin for a god to love a mortal? ' I asked myself.

She then broke the kiss and stared at me. I gently stroke her hair, " What did you feel? " She asked me and my eyes widen.

" I... I don't know... I can't describe it well... " I told her and she then chuckled.

" Me too! " She exclaimed at laughed.

" But it did feel nice. " I told her and she struck my head.

" Thank you so much for your patronage Lady Ningguang. "

" No, it's not a problem at all Master Diluc. "

We heard voices from the other room, (y/n) immediately fixed herself and handed me a vase.

" Take that! You're taking too long to pick. " She told me and I just sighed. A minute later Ningguang and Diluc passed by us.

" H-he's done picking! We'll be off! " (y/n), dragging me outside along with the vase.

" Take Master Diluc with you. I think it would be best if he knows the place where he'll be doing business. " Ningguang told (y/n) and her eyes widen.

" Diluc... You what? " (y/n) asked him.

" I'll be opening a branch here at Liyue. " He told us.

" So... There'll be wine from Mondstadt!? " (y/n) happily chimed. Ningguang just sighed.

" Yeah. And maybe I'll be adding some new beverages for the locals here at Liyue. " Diluc said.

" That's awesome! Zhongli here's great when it comes to the traditions and cultures of Liyue! He can probably help you produce new flavors! " (y/n) told him excitingly. I nodded and smiled at them.

" It'll be a pleasure working with you, if ever. " Diluc told me with a slight bow. I nodded at him.