[ seventeen ]

"I still can't believe it," he breathes, leaning as much as he can into Sirius' shoulder

"I still can't believe it," he breathes, leaning as much as he can into Sirius' shoulder. Remus does the same on the other side. They all gaze down at the infant wrapped in a pink knitted hospital blanket, sound asleep in her father's arms. "Lily, would you look at this?"

She nods with the same endearing grin she's had plastered on for the past ten minutes. "I see her, dear..." She looks over to Sara, who's eyes are closed as she lays back on the hospital bed Lily and Marlene are sat at the foot of.

"She really is beautiful, Sara," Marlene tells her.

Without opening her eyes, Sara smiles tiredly. "Thank you..."

She then spots the vase of flowers, carnations and daisies and forget-me-nots, sat on the bedside table with a card slid between the pedals.

Proud of you, always. Congratulations and well wishes...
- Frank and Alice

James turns away from Sirius and the baby and looks at his girlfriend with a giddy gaze. "I want one."

Remus and Sirius chuckle at his proposal.

Lily's lips spread a little wider. "You want one, do you?"

"Yes."

"Awe," Lily stands, leans in, and presses her lips to James' shortly. "No."

They all release another airy laugh.

"Not right now anyways," she corrects herself.

"Can I hold her again?" Remus asks meekly.

Sirius nods before gently passing the baby girl over to his best friend's arms. The smile that spreads over Remus' face is purely delightful. Sara turns her head to watch them now, grinning herself when she sees the joy in Remus' face. Sirius' smile is just as proud.

"Is that her?" A new voice questions.

All eyes turn to look at a young man, very similar looking to Sirius, stands hesitantly in the doorway.

"It is," Sirius tells his brother.

"But if you're going to drop her Reggi, we'd prefer you'd stay put," James teases.

Regulus rolls his eyes an steps into the room. "Who's the better seeker again?" He asks James.

"No," Lily instantly objects. "None of that. Either of you."

Regulus' hands raise in surrender as he steps up to the group. "I'm just taking the mick outta him," he promises. He then looks to the baby in Remus' arms.

Remus looks at the young man. "Do you want to hold her?"

Regulus nods, looking at Sara for approval. She grins at him and nods her head.