50 • Outlines

it's a coincidence that I post today, but I still wish our forever maknae Jisung a great day & happy birthday <3

• Chapter 50 

Jisung's eyes were stuck on the close-to-lifeless-looking girl. She didn't move, she didn't make a sound.

She was fast asleep, and somehow the sight made him smile.

"Cute," he muttered under his breath before poking her cheek. Cho-a pushed out a whiny hum but she kept her eyes closed.

Jisung poked her again. "Are you a stone? Get up."

Cho-a hummed disapprovingly. "I'd rather be a stone."

Dumbfounded, Jisung dragged his eyes off her and started to collect the notebook and pens that were spread out over the desk. He grabbed her bag and put everything inside.

"Did you sleep all class long?" he asked as he closed the bag's zipper.

"Is the class over?" Cho-a asked in return, eyes still closed.

"Mhm," he affirmed.

She nodded. "Then I did, yes."

Grinning at the softness and casualness of her reply, Jisung kept his eyes on her. So long, that he ended up getting a little lost. 

Just for a few moments, he got lost in her. 

Her chest rose calmly, pushing air past and pulling it in through the small gap between her parted lips. Lips that were a perfect shade of pink, effortlessly attracting Jisung's attention.

He slid his arm over the table and rested his head on it. His eyes lay on Cho-a who had hers closed. She wasn't asleep, he knew that. But she wasn't talking either. She wasn't moving. She wasn't looking.

But she had a soft smile on her lips when she noticed the shadow Jisung cast on her face.

"What? Do you want to stay here until your next class begins?" he asked. He didn't mean it and she knew. 

Yet, Cho-a opened her eyes a little at that. Just enough to look past the haze and the blurry close-up of her eyelashes and onto Jisung.

"Can we?" she asked back.

He considered it. Because of how sweet she looked, he actually considered it.

Knowing that the others were waiting for them though, he couldn't say yes. He shook his head.

Disappointed, Cho-a's smile faded. She ran her eyes over the boy's face before shuffling closer to him.

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly as she reached out and ran her fingers through his hair. "Then just five more minutes?"

Jisung quickly nodded. "Sure."

"Perfect." She ran her fingertips up and down his neck. The sun shone onto him from behind, illuminating the edges of his silhouette. A golden frame, shining brilliantly.

He looked like an angel. It was hard to believe that he wasn't even close to being one.

"Dying can't be so bad if it means getting to see your face," Cho-a mumbled under her breath before she scrunched her nose. "What a shame that you are always so grumpy."

"I'm not." Jisung quickly defended himself but Cho-a disagreed.

"Keep lying to yourself," she said, grinning provocatively. Jisung managed to scrape enough willpower together to ignore her comment.