1:TWO

▪︎

▪︎

"Wait wait wait," Vienna exclaimed suddenly, causing Silva to brake the car in shock before turning towards her. "You can drop me off here."

"I-" The man shook his head slightly. "You didn't have to scare me like that Vie." He turned his gaze back towards the road in confusion. "The school gates are right there, why do you want to get off here?"

"I just. I don't want to be seen as a legacy kid," she shrugged as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "I want to prove myself without depending on my amazing, badass dad's reputation."

"I'm sure you won't be treated differently," he tried to convince as she jumped out the car to grab her suitcase.

"Oh, Dad. You really are an old man," she teased as she poked her head through the driver side window and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you later!" She exclaimed as she began to walk away from the car, and headed towards the footpath leading towards the school.

"Oh, don't forget to see Farah about your magic lessons," he called out from behind her, prompting her to throw her right thumb up to show she got the message.

"Will do!" With a smile and shake of her head she joined the various other students as they excitedly strolled down the path with their various sized luggage, and continued to walk towards the gates of Alfea Academy, her second home for the next few years of her life.

As Vienna walked into the front courtyard, her eyes passed over the various students who were standing around in awe, their eyes wide as they took in their beautiful surroundings. A smile lit up on her face as she began to walk towards the specialist hall, before remembering she was supposed to see Farah Dowling, the headmistress for the fairy students at Alfea. She sighed before turning on her feet and began to walk towards the fairy side of the academy.

"Are you lost?" She looked to her right and found a tall, blonde boy who had begun to walk in sync with her.

"Does that line work for everyone?" she questioned with a small smirk.

"Ouch," he dramatically responded as he placed a hand against his heart. "So sassy. You must be a fairy."

"I could be," she shrugged, not wanting to reveal her fairy status for the time being.

"You look really familiar," he speaks up again after a few moments.

"If this is one of those 'I think i've seen you in my dreams' jokes i'm gonna drop out of Alfea at this very moment."

He chuckled and shook his head at her. "I promise it's not a terrible attempt at a pick up line."

"Oi, quit perving on the first years." Another voice spoke from behind them, causing the two to spin around in confusion.

"Riv, just give me one second," the blonde replied as Vienna raised her brow at the interaction.

"Why? Are you gonna chase her?" The dark-haired boy questioned as he eyed Vienna up and down.

"No one is chasing me anywhere you weirdo," she snarkily responded before walking up the stairs leading into the building.

"Wait!" the blonde exclaimed from behind her. "What's your name?"

"Add it to your list of unanswered questions about me," she responded, not even turning around to look at him, a small smile dancing on her lips.

"Well, i'm Sky!"

Vienna finally turned back to face him and mock saluted him. "Good for you Sky!"

The smile on her face grew into a bigger one as she turned back around and continued to walk down the lively hallways of Alfea, weaving through the various clusters of students standing around and chattering in excitement.

Vienna smiled as she finally reached the familiar office, a place she had spent a considerable amount of time in due to her father's close professional relationship with Farah Dowling. She let go of the handle of her suitcase before tentatively knocking on the glass door.

"Come in."

The girl pushed the door open, a large smile lighting up on her face upon seeing the woman she considers family. "Headmistress Dowling, it's an honour to meet you at last." she joked. The older woman looked up from her desk in confusion, before a similar smile also grew on her face.

"Vienna. I've been expecting you." The raven-haired girl rushed towards Farah who stood up from her desk, and wrapped her arms around the woman.

"I've gotta admit, it feels weird calling you Headmistress Dowling," Vienna declared as she pulled back from the embrace and settled down on the chair opposite the woman.

"You'll get used to it i'm sure." Farah rifled through various papers on her desk before pulling a sheet out and placing it in front of Vienna. "I have to make this quick since I have to go, but I've made a small timetable to try and fit in your one on one magic lessons with me around your specialist classes." The girl skimmed her eyes over the paper, nodding slightly as she read over the various classes.

"This sounds great," Vie said with a smile as she folded the paper and placed it in the back pocket of her jeans. "I can't wait to get started."

▪︎☆▪︎

Yeah I'll just stick to shorter but regular chapters

Also wtf I started this book two days ago and I'm on 300 reads already. Thank you so much for the support!

A x