Chapter 45

"Now, now...it's no time to be throwing a temper tantrum, Potter," the voice spoke to him in a knowing tone, James' brows furrowing even more in anger at who was standing in front of him.

"What do you want, McLaggen," James seethed while narrowing his eyes at Rory.

"I want you to grow a pair of balls and stop acting like a prat," the boy rolled his eyes and poked James in the chest accusingly, "You're only go to get hurt."

James curiously glared at the boy who was now walking over to sit down on the couch, following his lead, "Why the fuck do you care if I get hurt?"

"I don't bloody care if you get hurt," Rory mockingly laughed while leaning back onto the couch, as James sat down on the same couch farther down, "But, I do care about if Elsie does."

The spectacled boy was now purely confused and raised his eyebrow at Rory, "How does that affect Elsie in any way?"

Rory once again let out a sardonic laugh, shaking his head while looking over at James, "You really are daft, aren't you?"

Instead of replying, James snapped his head towards Rory and sent him a harsh glare, before the devilish boy started speaking again.

"If you're moping around like a tosser, Elsie is going to notice and ask you what's wrong," Rory spoke in an obvious tone, as if James should have known what he meant by that.

"So what?" James questioned, not sure of what point Rory was getting at.

"I don't know how she ever liked this git," McLaggen mumbled under his breath so James couldn't hear him, before raising his voice and explaining himself, "So, then you're going to have to explain how you're frustrated because you're in love with her."

James' face dropped as his eyes widened, "I don't-,"

"Don't try lying to me, I'm not as daft as you are,"Rory snorted while locking eyes with James, "You clearly love her, and you're just now realizing that you're too late."

James clenched his hands into fists and scowled at the boy next to him, "Why does it matter to you? All you ever did was treat Elsie like a good fucking shag."

The smile wiped clean off of Rory's face as he immediately stood up and stormed towards James, who also stood up after following his lead. He walked up to the boy with round glasses and brought his face close to his while grabbing hold of his collar, "Don't you ever fucking say that again, you prick. You don't know anything."

Rory let go of him and took a deep breath, trying to gain his composure, "Elsie means everything to me, don't fucking assume things."

"That still doesn't explain why me telling her my feelings means so bloody much to you," James seethed through gritted teeth, glaring at the boy standing in front of him.

"Because, she's finally happy. I mean, I haven't seen her smile like she has this morning in ages, have you? A-and I may not know this boy who's making her happy, but he's clearly doing something right...something that neither of us have been able to do for her," Rory sadly admitted while beginning to walk away from James and out of the common room, calling out one last time, "So, don't tell her, Potter. Let her be happy for once, think about Elsie for once. Because, trust me when I say this, it'll fuck up everything if you tell her you love her."