32.

Trigger warning - Abuse.

Song of the Chapter: Daddy Issues (remix) by The Neighborhood  (linked above because remix isn't on spotify or apple music)

Draco's POV

                   "Draco, it's time."

      I stare down at my clear left arm for the last time, then join my mother at the front of the house. The train ride to Diagon Alley is completely silent, I know she wanted to say something to make me feel better but she didn't. There isn't anything that could make this situation better and she knows it.

       When we turn down Knockturn Alley, I immediately spot Bellatrix and Greyback standing in the doorway of Borgin and Burkes. Their smiles of excitement make the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up.

              "Come, Draco. We're starting." Bellatrix hisses.

     My mother kisses me on the cheek before signaling for me to enter the shop. I take one last deep breath, then walk inside. All eyes turn to me. I see Greyback move away from the middle of the cauldron and realize that's my cue to take his place.

      The heat from the green liquid inside makes my forehead break into a sweat but I still have goosebumps down my spine. My throat tightens and I can't tell if it's from the amount of smoke or the imaginary hands around my neck.

       "We have all gathered here today for the initiation of Draco Malfoy becoming a Death Eater." Bellatrix says over the cauldron.

                   "You may now put your arm over." Greyback orders.

     Every bone and muscle in my body tries to force me the opposite direction but Bellatrix yanks my arm ahead. Suddenly, there's a burning sensation in my hand. It travels up my arm and all of the way inside my brain.

    I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping it will stop the pain but it builds the longer my arm is over the cauldron.

            "Do you, Draco Malfoy, swear to be a loyal follower of The Dark Lord?"

                   I swallow hard, trying to keep the tears inside. "I do."

        "Will you follow through with the tasks The Dark Lord orders you to do?"

                          "I will."

        "And if you fail, you will accept death as your consequence?"

         Nausea comes over me when I get a glimpse of Dumbledore's dead body on the ground beneath me. But the feeling gets ten times worse when I see my coffin buried six feet underneath.

                   "I will."

     Smoke explodes from inside the cauldron, covering my arm and blurring my vision. The burning turns to a sting and I'm convinced someone is digging their nails into my flesh. Even when I try to pull away something grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me closer. I try to look at my mother but her head is facing the opposite direction.

      Please get me out of this, mum. I don't want to do it anymore. I'm scared.

                         Please.

     The smoke clears and the entire shop gets quiet. I finally get the opportunity to pull my arm back and when I do, the dark mark is staring at me.