: F O R T Y - S E V E N :

((Avery's outfit ^^))

I sat in my room laying on my bed and watching Netflix. After I had bandaged my hand up, I managed to get Camryn and Damon to clean up the mess together since neither of them wanted to own up to who did it. I know they both probably knocked into each other on purpose but they said otherwise.

When Camryn left, which was not too long ago, I went to my room to rest since I was tired. It was nice and quiet compared to last night with just the voices from the show I was watching on the TV. Damon and Eli had their friends over and were in the game room and the twins had said they were off to meet Faith and Veronica. 

I gasp suddenly when I remember Elena. Quickly I scramble up off the comfort of my bed and look for my phone which fell off my bed ages before and I wasn't bothered to pick it up. 

There's a knock on the door when I finally manage to relocate my phone. "Come in."

I stand up to see who knocked and see Damon at the door. "Oh hi."

"Hey, uh, I just wanted to check in and make sure your hand was ok." He asks fidgeting by the door frame.

"Yeah I'm fine. It didn't hurt." My high pain tolerance worked in my favour so it really didn't hurt at all.

He nods his head and puts his hand in his pocket. "Ok. And, uhm, sorry about that, I just don't understand how you can be friends with someone like him."

"Someone like him? Damon, we were friends before I came here, I cant just magically not be his friend just cause you guys don't like him." I reason but he shakes his head.

"Do you even know what he did? Do you know what he did to Mar-" But I interrupt him.

"He already told me. I know about you guys and Alessandro, Camryn told me." I say sitting against my pillows cross-legged.

"No. You don't know him, not like I do. Or did."

"And your seriously saying that to someone who's known him his entire life?" I ask crossing my arms displeased. 

He shakes his head with a sigh. "No. I just- I just mean that people change Avery, not everyone is going to remain the same the as they were before. You might think you know them but you don't and the second you let that trust get in the way of your judgement you get stabbed in the back."

I look at him leaning against the door frame but he seems to be glaring a hole into the ground, his eyes clouded and it seems like he's not here in the moment, but somewhere else, speaking as though it had actually happened. 

"Look, I don't know what happened to you guys but please, please, don't try push your hatred for Alessandro or Camryn onto me. I know what they did was wrong but that doesn't mean they haven't learnt from it." I say turning back to the T.V that had been droning on in the back ground and I had missed a good chunk of it.

I feel him look at me but ignore it concentrating on the T.V and he chuckles sourly. "You don't even know the half of it." 

I frown and turn to say something else to him but he's already gone and I'm left confused. Camryn told me everything right?

When he leaves I return to watching T.V but then remember Elena and grab my phone from beside me to call her. She answers on the third ring. 

"Hey Avery, is everything alright?" She asks.

I never called them. It was always them who reached out to me first because I always felt like I was disturbing the person if I called them. 

"Hey, all's fine I just wanted to... ask if you were alright?"