9

'I'd like everyone to meet Emma. She's only going to be here for a few weeks to supervise and make sure everything's in check.' Our teams leader informs us as everyone greets her, welcoming her into the office with open arms.

'Hey, Milan! I can't believe we're working together!' Emma let's out as Maria looks over at me confused.

'You know each other?' She asks as my attention goes directly to her.

'Yeah... kinda.' I say, not very enthusiastically.

'Is that a problem... Marina?' Emma responds with nothing but attitude in her tone.

'It's Maria.' I say directly, not letting her get away with it.

'Oh! Haha, my apologies, Marin- I mean Maria.' Maria rolls her eyes and walks away as I follow closely behind.

'She's one annoying fucker.' Maria expresses which I laugh to. 'Tell me about it.'

'So how do you know her?' Maria asks, curiously.

'Sebastian's business thing. We ended up at dinner together.' I roll my eyes at the thought of the other night.

'Damn girl, I feel bad for you.' Maria shakes her head as she takes another sip of her coffee.

'Did you guys hear?!' Ron comes running up to us.

'Hear what?' Me and Maria both ask at the same time.

'Apparently Emma's one of the owners of this company! And on top of that she's Emilio Estrada's girlfriend! Can you believe it?!' Ron shouts in excitement.

'I thought no one knew who the owner was apart from the people that work close with them?' Maria questions, but there was only one question on my mind.

'She's Emilio's what?' I ask, not believing it for a second.

'Girlfriend!' Ron screams back.

'Who told you that?' Maria asks, suspicious of Ron's random declarations.

'It's all on the news, check your phones!' He finishes before running off to tell the others in the office.

Maria gets her phone out, to check what Ron was talking about.

'Wait a minute... isn't that the guy from the club...' Maria looks up at me as I snatch the phone out of her hand. 'Emma Smith reveals her secret relationship with Emilio Estrada'

Are you serious right now... If they weren't actually a thing why would there be news articles about it. Now either this was another so called 'business' stunt or Emilio lied to me. Either way, I was about to find out.

'I'm going on my lunch break early, cover for me!' I say as I run to my office to collect my things before heading out.

'You got a lot of explaining to do, girl!' Maria shouts back.

———

I wasn't sure where I was going. Whether it was to the restaurant or the club, or if he had another random building here that he owned. I didn't know if he was there for sure but I chose to go to the restaurant since it would make more sense he was there instead of the club since it's only open at night.

'Is Mr Estrada in?' I ask the lady at the desk.

'Let me check for you.' I wait impatiently as she dials the phone and begins to talk to someone.

'Sorry, what was your name?' She asks as she covers the mic of the phone.

'Milan.' I answer and she goes back to speaking to the person on the other line.