forty four

war begins 

,,,

Athena Malkin smoothed her hair down, facing herself in the mirror at last. Long dark hair curling by her elbows, and her jade eyes staring back at her.  Tonight was the night she was going to see Harry again, since the fall of Hogwarts she had begrudgingly moved into the burrow. She insisted that she could somehow find somewhere else, as she didn't want to be a burden to the Weasleys and co yet again, but they all knew these protests were empty. 

Living with the family for the past almost month had been... odd. She was eternally grateful to them, but they were, a lot. She was an only child, with a dead mom and a death eater father, so she wasn't exactly used to their .. warmth. 

There was always at least five conversations happening simultaneously at every dinner, which they usually ate together. Most dinners were within company of members of the order, most of which she didn't know. She no longer stayed cooped up within her room, eating long cold food alone basking in the silence of her family manor. She was apart of something real, a family. 

Hermione and Athena had only gotten closer, even being able to sit in silence comfortably. Content with just being in each others presence. Neither of the talked about the loss, or the deep grief both of them felt. They didn't have to. 

Athena had gotten closer to Ron as well, but they still remained a little.. awkward. Neither of them disliked the other, they were just unsure of what to talk about. 

Athena snapped back to the quiet dinner, one of the first quiet moments from the past few days. Tonight was the night the Order was moving Harry to the burrow. Athena instead she was going, even after protests from members of the order. 

After arguing for close to an hour mixed in French and English, Athena finally convinced Fleur to stay at the Burrow. She had never met Bill Weasley and she wasn't the most excited to ride a thestral, but she was adamant she had to come on the mission. Bill easily helped talk Fleur into staying at the Burrow in safety, as he also didn't want her to get hurt. 

"Faites ce que vous devez." 

Do what you must

Fleur finally relinquished 

"Je vais" 

I will 

Athena nodded. 

Bill glanced to the girl

"Lets go"