s1:ep16→rainy days, bitchy ways.

(a/n: raining effects because why not.)

╭─────────────────╮
ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹⁶
❝𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙔 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎, 𝘽𝙄𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙔 𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎❞
╰─────────────────╯

It was pouring in Hidari Wakibara.

You were out for a treasure hunt -- a treasure in a form of a white, glasses-wearing cat.

You see, humans work in mysterious and peculiar ways, once you give something a name, you leave a piece of yourself to that thing and you inevitably grow an emotional attachment to it. And yes, that even includes scums like you.

You kind of miss Sirius, not that you'll ever admit it. Cats are still evil in your book.

It was unfair. Right when you accepted Sirius' sheddings, fleece and other animal-related nuisances, that bastard just up and disappeared while you were asleep. You thought that the ( forceful ) cuddles were enough but he still chose to go back to his original owner. First come, first serve, you guessed.

"That damn cat, he could've at least said goodbye," you grumpily mumbled, combing your wet hair from your face.

Sirius will be the first and last cat you'll associate with. You could say that you'll die for him but with a bit of hesitation.

The rain intensified; you're cold, sad, extremely drenched and you left your umbrella at home. Despite the harsh sounds of water droplets hitting the pavement, your ears picked up soft footsteps behind you -- as if it was trying to hide it's presence from you. You thought it was a mugger at first, but your desperate mind immediately wiped that thought away and assumed it was Sirius.

"There you -- oh."

Much to your disappointment, it was just Saiki in all his glory, proudly wearing his weirdly patterned sweater vest that his mom picked. You're not one to judge other's sense of fashion -- that was a massive lie, you judge almost everything in this universe, you just chose to ignore it.

The two of you only stared at each other, no signs of starting a conversation. The dull-colored umbrella enclosed in his hand taunts you, bitterly reminding you of the dreary weather.

"What's up?" you greeted, awkwardly smiling, "and I didn't mean the sky -- "

"What are you doing?" Saiki asked, straight to the point. It was more of a demand; like a parent questioning why their child sneaked out of the house. He's getting too comfortable with you, you noticed.

Rowdy children treats me better than this, you scoffed.

"Looking for something," you vaguely answered, quickly climbing up on someone's fence to look through the owner's window. The psychic made no move to stop you in fear of accidentally becoming your accomplice. You're still a wanted criminal after all.

"And that thing is?" he insisted, his apathetic face raised a brow. Admittedly, he has become quite curious of what you'll do next, but he'd prefer it if he wasn't always caught in the crossfire.