34| Last breath

• • •

Alonzo.

Fucking Alonzo.

These were the only words ringing inside Alexander's head as he stared. His mind almost consumed completely by his rage.

His surprise only lasted for a second, the emotion flashed by so fast it was as if it wasn't there. What was left was a period of perfect understanding.

Alexander blew out a heavy breath through his teeth, nostrils flaring.

The pieces flew in on it's own and like a puzzle, each connected forming a clear and crystalized picture. So this was why...

Alonzo hadn't suddenly disappeared and forgotten all about him.

Alonzo didn't suddenly develop some sort of new found cowardice.

Alonzo must've thought Alex was in one of the vehicles because there was no way he'd target those cars blindly. Alexander didnt know how it happened but...if his guess was correct, it should've been him in Ameenas place at the current moment.

No wonder those men seemed to be pulling back from before. Of course Alonzo would do something as braindead as calling back all his forces to himself if he knew he was going to face Alex head on.

But...Alex wasn't in anyone of those cars...which left Ameena.

Alexander couldn't imagine what Ameena went through on top of her already not too good condition when that bastard realised he wasn't there.

The savagery inside Alexander enveloped his whole being, threatening to explode as he stared at Alonzo scathingly.

It wasn't too different over on Alonzo's side either. A brief flash of surprise entered his eyes before it was replaced by a look of malice that chilled Alex to the bone.

His eyes then moved to the woman in his grasp, a smile spreading on his lips that looked just as murderous as Alexander felt.

Alexander could no longer bear it, standing by and restraining himself to not rush over there at this instant. His vision had tunneled out for a split second because for a moment it was as if only him, Alonzo and Ameena was in the room.

Alexander's hand clenched into fists at his sides, so tight his knuckles went deathly pale as he, albeit reluctantly, looked towards Ameena. Her eyes were hazy, almost unfocused yet it seemed as if she had felt his gaze. Ameena looked up and their eyes met.

The singular thread of restraint holding him back snapped. Alex moved.

The moment he took one step, she retreated two steps back. A weak yell leaving her lips as Alonzo pulled her back with him. His grin now manical.

He laughed, the sound gyrating on Alexander's nerves. He wanted nothing more than to walk over there and teach that son of a bitch what true pain felt like, yet he couldn't. He could only watch.

Alonzo made a 'tsk' sound, his gaze mocking, "I must say...this...is a bit different than what I had planned...but seeing that look on your face now..." he laughed. "It's quite...exhilarating."

"If you know what's best for you Alonzo, let.her.go." Alex spoke through his teeth, his hands itched to reach for his weapons to introduce a few new holes onto Alonzo's body even though he felt as if that'd be too much of an easy reprieve for the bastard.

Alexander would much rather break both of his arms and legs before personally carving into that detestful skin of his with his knives.

That'd be just the beginning.