Chapter 46 : The Rebels And Rewards

Yusheng had been waiting for this moment for a long time. Bao was born and both his wife and child were safe. Qin Junqian's wedding was over. The political banquet they were having just finished a few days ago.

It was the perfect time for him to reveal what he knew about the rebels. He had already discussed this with the Crown Prince Qin Junqing the day before. Such a matter really can't be hidden for so many days. After all, the Emperor isn't stupid.

Before going to the court today, Su Ying had hugged him tightly. He had kissed him gently on his forehead and had said,

"Hubby... I'll be waiting for you. Go break a leg."

At that time, even his son who always ignored him had given him much attention. He was so small yet he could feel the worries he was desperately trying to hide in his heart. Little Shenxing might be a bit moody, but he still cared about his father.

Yusheng smiled to himself as he thought of his family. They gave him immense strength.

"Your majesty, I beg for your attention." Yusheng requested the Emperor.

All the members of the court were staring at him. Among them, most were wary of Yusheng, some appreciated him, while others basically didn't care.

The Emperor raised his eyes,

"Sure... Tell us what you want to share."

Yusheng nodded, "Your majesty, I want your permission to share the things I've found about the rebels."

All the courtiers exclaimed. The sounds of intense murmuring could be heard. All of them had only one thought,

'The General has found something about the rebels?'

After all, the topic about the rebels was quite heavy. Even the Emperor was frowning by then.

He gave Yusheng permission to speak. Yusheng nodded at Qin Junqing before narrating all he knew about the rebels.

He said about how the rebels tried to invade the border under his control, how they have tried to assassinate the Crown Prince multiple times, how they have captured some of the important leaders of the rebels and most importantly... the identity of a certain high official and a royal supporting and directing the rebels behind the scene... Prime Minister Li NanZhen and the Imperial Noble Consort Li NanYin.

All the members of the court felt a shiver down their neck. Not because of their involvement, but because of how the General announced the name of his own father without a single shred of affection or pity. His tone was full of disgust.

Li NanZhen and the courtiers who supported Qin Junqian broke down. They kneeled before the Emperor to beg for mercy. The evidence was to the point which gave them no chance to deny their involvement with the rebels.

Qin Junqian himself was so shocked that he almost forgot to breath. He understood that his mother and uncle wanted him to ascend the throne. But for that, they got involved with the heinous rebels???

The Emperor breathed heavily and ordered the Imperial guards to bring Li NanYin to the court.

Li NanYin who was forcefully brought to the court was in fact strangely calm. When asked by the Emperor about her involvement with the rebels, she didn't show a change in her expression nor did she try to deny. The only thing she said was,

"Yes your majesty, I'm involved with the rebels. However, the fourth prince Qin Junqian has no gist of the situation. He's not involved in any of this."

The Emperor sighed with emotion at her words. He decreed both Li NanYin and Li NanZhen and all the other courtiers involved with the rebels to strip of their positions and those directly involved with the rebels to be executed. Both Li NanYin and Li NanZhen were ordered to be publicly executed. After all, they had committed treason despite being so closely connected to the Emperor.