chapter forty-nine

CHAPTER FORTY SEVENSWITCHED POSITIONS

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
SWITCHED POSITIONS

SHE'S HERE FOR A REASON.

X

"Hey, how was class?" Hyeji asked with a smile, scooting over for Eunha to take a seat beside her.

The younger girl smiled thankfully, taking a seat on the bench that sat against the building. Their backs faced the windows while their fronts faced the greenery of the backyard and the basketball court.

"Same old normal stuff but when we got out, Jaemin said Ms. Son had needed me for something."

"Well, what'd she want?" Minsoo asked curiously, squinting as she looked past the bright sun rays beaming at her and to a nearby tree with a bird's nest in it.

"Nothing much but apparently Minju decided to switch bedrooms. Now I'm alone but I'm not gonna complain." She shrugged.

A comfortable silence covered the three girls, each of them taking in the outside air that brushed past each of their bodies and lifted the weight of their hair off their shoulders.

The sun was nearly ready to begin setting, the sky already becoming different hues of yellow and orange with some red mixed into it.

None of them had ever realized how much time they spent inside, not really coming outside for anything unless it was for trash duties.

"So how are we feeling about the new girl? I haven't gotten to see or speak with her yet." Eunha asked, staring up into the sky.

Hyeji scoffed, "consider yourself lucky. I tried welcoming her earlier when she first arrived but I tripped on the way there and she started obnoxiously laughing at me. The only reason she even stopped was cause Jeno started glaring at her while Donghyuck helped me up. And even after that, she mocked me."

Minsoo nodded, "yeah she wasn't the nicest to Jaemin or me either. She completely ignored us when we tried talking to her. And when Jaemin politely tried walking up to her to tell her she wasn't being nice she just pushed past him and tried to go tell one of the nurses he was being mean."

Eunha's brows lifted as she listening, surprised by the attitude of their new living partner. "Damn. Guess we gotta keep Renjun away from her or he'll go off for the way she was treating Jaemin."

"She did what?"

"She did what?"

Jaemin stood up, holding a hand out to block Renjun from opening the media room door. "Dude, calm down. I can handle a stupid baby lecture from one of the nurses. It's not a big deal."

Renjun huffed, walking away from Jaemin with a scowl to join Donghyuck on the couch. Jeno was sat in the computer chair, rocking back in forth.

"She's barely been here for a few hours and she's already making enemies. What does she even get out of being a bitch to us?" Jeno asked aloud, unbothered by the name-calling after the things she was already doing to his friends on her first day.

Donghyuck shook his head, leaning back on the couch. "Special treatment from the nurses for being besties with Minju." His voice went higher in a mocking way at the word besties. He was clearly not fond of her either. He looked up at the camera in the corner of the room, sending it a glare for anyone deciding to watch.

"Maybe she's just having a bad day?" Jaemin pondered aloud, walking over to the empty seating.

"Yeah because when I'm mad I go around laughing at people falling and try to make up stories that could get another kid in trouble," Renjun grumbled, rolling his eyes.

Donghyuck shrugged. "I mean you don't really laugh that much anyway," he joked.

Renjun didn't find it funny.

"Sorry," Donghyuck muttered, looking away. "Anyways. There's really no point in being mean to us anyways. Like, sure we don't get special treatment but we don't really get bad treatment either."

Jaemin side-eyed Renjun but didn't say anything. Renjun could feel his glance but didn't look back, knowing Jeno and Donghyuck would ask what's up.

"Well, we should all ignore this stuff anyways." Jeno started, partially clearing his throat. He sat up and leaned forward, his lips unseeable from the camera's view. His voice went low and quiet as he spoke.

"She's here a reason. She's just like us"