Epilogue

Akshita

"What's wrong? You don't look fine." He asked touching my forehead to feel my temperature.

"I have been feeling low all day. I guess I am exhausted." I replied seeking comfort in his arms.

"You need to take a rest. Don't keep running around every single day. Give yourself some time too. Hmm?"

"Hmm, I am thinking of taking a leave from college for a few days," I said yawning.

"Take a nap if you are sleepy. Don't overwork yourself." He said giving me a concerned look.

"I am fine," I mumbled. He kissed my face lovingly while I rested in his arms.

"Mommy..." We heard Ayaan's voice from outside the room.

"Come in, Ayaan." Ashish opened the door for him. He ran inside and threw himself in my arms.

"I missed you today." He said sleepily. He probably just woke up from his nap and after finding out I am home, ran to me. His sweet behaviour melts me every single time. I love him to bits. He has only started speaking properly a few months ago so his vocabulary is limited but he catches other people's words and phrases quickly.

"I missed my munchkin too," I replied to him and with him in my arms, I forgot about my earlier sleepiness. We both sat on the carpet and he cuddled me while Ashish looked on feeling neglected.

"Ayaan, what about me

"Ayaan, what about me. I don't get any cuddles." Ashish said making a babyface at Ayaan. Ayaan looked troubled and immediately hugged Ashish.

"I missed you too, daddy. But mamma is a girl and you said boys should give more love to girls." Ayaan said in a matter of fact tone. Both Ashish and I busted out laughing.

"Such a gentleman, my baby," I mumbled dropping kisses all over his face as he giggled.

His laughter filled the room as Ashish and I tickled him together.

_________

I sat on the bathroom floor waiting for my alarm to ring so I can check the results of my pregnancy test. I have been feeling drowsy lately and it felt like my pregnancy symptoms were back. To be sure before I tell anything to Ashish, I bought a few pregnancy tests home.

When my alarm rang, my heartbeat fastened. It's the time!

With nervousness and anticipation of the results, I got up from the floor and took a peek at the tests from between my fingers.

I let out a small shriek of excitement when I saw that all of them showed that I was pregnant.

"Omg! Omg! I am pregnant. I will call Ashish. No, no, no, I will wait for him." I rambled on and on to myself not realising the time.

"Akshita, are you fine? You have been inside long." When I heard Ashish's voice outside, I realised that it was pretty late and I had been in the bathroom for a long time.