- Chapter 9 -

TW// blood, self-harm mention
False's POV
> - Another two weeks later... - >
False was in the shopping district when suddenly she felt somebody slam into her back. She let out a yelp as her and the person who'd run into her fell to the floor.

"Ack! Sorry False!" The hermit exclaimed, jumping off of her.

False rose back to her feet, laughing. She looked up at whoever it was, and identified Sam.

Something about him made her feel extremely uneasy. He just showed up out of the blue one day, and acted as if he'd been here for seasons. He was so smooth and sneaky with the way he worded things.

She didn't like it.

"I'm in kind of a hurry, gotta go!" Sam explained quickly, running and taking off into the air with his new-found elytra.

False watched him go, mystified. What exactly was he up to? He kept disappearing and reappearing and it was CONFUSING.

Wait, why can't I just follow him? False wondered, turning and watching Sam fly away. I'm not one to spy.. but hey, a little adventure never hurt anybody.

She prepared herself for flight, waited until Sam was out of view, and then took off after him.

False swooped down to the ground, quickly hiding behind a large mound of dirt. She watched Sam mine away two pieces of the wall, revealing a door.

Sam walked straight through the door, closing it behind him. False blinked. Was this his base?

She quickly followed, making sure to silently close the door behind her. She looked around. A bed was in the corner, along with a few chests lined up beside it. Other little things necessary for survival were also scattered about the room.

Hearing footsteps, False scanned the walls of the room and saw another door. It was open.

What the... False thought. She quietly crept through the door, discovering what looked like a long tunnel. It began sloping downward after a few steps.

"Wings, I'm back~" Sam hummed. False shivered. Something was definitely wrong.

She peaked around the corner and felt her heart turn to stone.

The first thing she noticed was purple wings. Beautiful feathered wings. The next thing she noticed was what they were attached to.

She couldn't recognize them at first. They were facing the wall, their shoulders hunched and their back bloody and bruised.

Blood.

Blood was spattered all over the floor. She slapped her hand over her mouth, trying to stay silent.

She watched the winged boy perk up at Sam's voice.

"Y'know what time it is?" Sam asked them playfully, walking over to a desk at the side of the room. To False's horror, he lifted up a bloodied dagger.

"Why?" The boy asked suddenly. Sam whipped around to face him, eyes narrowed.

She knew this voice.

False just found Grian.

"Why what?" Sam hissed, making False shiver. He advanced toward Grian, glaring daggers at him.

"Why are you doing this, Sam?" Grian questioned, his voice shaky.

"You know the answer," Sam grumbled, now standing directly behind Grian. He crouched down, twirling the dagger in his hands. "I want you to repeat it to me. Do it."