.•three•.

renjun couldn't believe the nerve of that kid

renjun couldn't believe the nerve of that kid. he hadn't even been fighting - contrarily, trying to escape. did he deserve the sticky sensation of drying orange juice engraining itself on his skin? no, not in his opinion, anyway. dragging boys from lee donghyuck's room was part of his job as well, and receiving punishment for doing his job wasn't fair. i'll kill him, he thought, yet knew he'd never go through with it.

the ebony class' bathroom doors flew open, and in walked jisung, cheeks a little pink from possibly sprinting through the school. "ah, there you are!"

"here i am," the older muttered bitterly, starting to take his black jacket off and sighing at the sight of his orange-tinged, white button-up. "that bastard poured juice all over me. i've never been so enraged...."

"come here," the younger hummed, wandering towards him and taking the jacket out of his hands to start running the clear tap water over it. "is this bullying? or does bullying even count when everyone goes wild during one of the 'wars'?"

"it's definitely not bullying," renjun assured him, unbuttoning his shirt and starting to peel it off his lithe frame. not when he's trying to convince me to sleep with him. "he's an attention seeker."

"psh, an ivory student seeking attention from an ebony? wow, they really are beneath us."

"tell me about it."

now half bare, the brunette shivered against the slightly chilled air. he too was trying to wash the stains out of his clothes since he didn't want to run all the way back to the dorms to change. he'd deal with it tonight. his eyes were trained solely on the white fabric, mesmerised by the water running through it, reaching for every edge and corner of the cotton.

"so....say i was to propose a revenge plan," jisung murmured quietly, keeping his voice nice and low to avoid being overheard. "one where lee donghyuck learns his place?"

"and say i were to remind you that i'm on the disciplinary committee?"

"and imagine this proposition involved anonymity?"

they both paused their movements, simply standing idly in front of their respective sinks and listening to the taps spout their aqua. the black marble surrounding the white, ceramic basins was sprinkled with flecks of transparent liquid. they eyed each other through the pristine mirrors that were cleaned everyday....sizing one another's expressions up to find any hesitation.

"park jisung, are you risking a detention to get back at someone for me?" renjun finally smirked, "you cheeky devil. i wish you were a second year as well so the punishments weren't as bad."

"eh, first years learn their roles in the hierarchy easily enough. i don't know how bad the detentions are, but i'm willing to find out if it means getting a high-five for a revenge well done."

the older smiled softly, pulling his blouse out from under the tap and sighing defeatedly as he wandered over to the hand dryers and dunked it under. the air was only lukewarm, but there wasn't much else he could do to speed up the process. jisung did likewise, switching off the tap and trailing to stand beside the teen while holding the black material under the second mechanism.

"besides, this plan only involves reciprocating the gesture, you know? just doing exactly what he's done to you."

renjun nodded along with it and suddenly came up with a great idea. it sounded brilliant in his head, though enacting it could've been dodgy....

"should i be concerned about that cunning smile?" jisung tilted his head. "i'm assuming there're a few cogs twisting to create an ingenious plan?"

"you have so much faith in me," the smaller giggled. "you're like a puppy, jisung."

"sort of. i'm like your puppy."

"you don't owe me for getting back at those kids who ruined your artwork, you do realise? it was the least i could've done, and we're friends now."

"this isn't about owing you anything," the tall boy winked, pulling the jacket out from under the airflow and repositioning it to go again. "this is a favour for a friend. i want to help you."

he's so cute, the brunette chuckled inwardly, running a free hand through his sticky hair. at least he knew hyuck was covered in milk - that thought alone made him grin. he hoped to god that the white liquid would dry, harden and smell.

the loud bell screamed through the entirety of the building, rattling the windows of the classrooms and canteen. the sound of the raging battle beyond the bathroom walls seemed to disperse as teachers started demanding children to head to class. food wars were the worst kind, for the students would be covered in weird substances for the remainder of the day. at least music competitions were clean, and the art students were merely snide, and the theatre clubs could battle it out humanely. but within the dining hall, it was every man for himself.

"ugh, this'll take ages," renjun scoffed, shaking out his button-up irritatedly. "you can head to class, ji. i'm given honorary exceptions and leeway for staying awake all night, most nights. you, however-"

"anyone in the the toilets need to hurry it up!" a teacher could be heard battering the door harshly before moving on to another spot to force teenagers to migrate to their classrooms. jisung gritted his teeth, yet complied nonetheless. he solemnly passed his friend the jacket and bowed politely before starting to leave.

"make sure you put something on if you get too cold," he pestered.

"yeah, yeah," renjun hummed. "have a good class."

once left alone, the small brunette was once again caught in a vicious daydream wherein his gaze was glued to the clothes he was drying, yet his thoughts were occupied by other things. for once, breaking a little rule couldn't have hurt, right? nobody would even have to know, and hyuck would have too much pride to snitch.

i may take you up on that offer, jisung.....