.•four•.

it's all about buying time, renjun thought absentmindedly while passing jaemin at the boundary point once again just to enter his enemy's side of the dorms

it's all about buying time, renjun thought absentmindedly while passing jaemin at the boundary point once again just to enter his enemy's side of the dorms. the darkened hallways stretched on for seemingly ever, slithering their shadows along the walls as the dim, tangerine light of the ceiling's low-hanging bulbs casted odd shaped across any plain surface. at this hour, everything seemed more surreal - more dream-like. perhaps the high of missing sleep and working on caffeine shots left one feeling a little 'out of it', or maybe it was the thrill of being the only one about....

but renjun definitely swayed a little with exhaustion as he made his way towards room forty-three. his heart was racing a little and his eyes were unfocused. it had been all but three days since the previous canteen war, and since then lee donghyuck hadn't been a problem. there had been one occasion where an ebony student and an ivory student got into a brawl in the broadcasting room.....but it ended as soon as it had started, for the teachers were more than ready to stop the entertaining argument blasting across the intercoms.

as the chinese student made it to the very stretch of hallway he always wound up in, he stumbled to a halt and found a giddy looking boy wandering towards the very dorm renjun had intended to check on. he seemed dressed rather scantily, as pyjamas had no strict uniform....but the disciplinary committee member wasn't at all distracted by the sight.

"excuse me," the brunette gushed, "do you know what time it is?"

the dark-haired ivory student froze, tensing up now that he'd been found. his hazel eyes flicked to renjun, and both held contact for different reasons. "o-oh, you're the disciplinary committee member for the ebony class....right?"

"quite obviously," the smaller folded his arms. "and what has you prancing around the dorm halls at three in the morning, hm?"

the taller student seemed a little stunned, and quite defeated. his shoulders slumped and he started backing down from this conversation, slowly edging away again. "i was visiting a friend."

"of course," the brunette ground his teeth down together to prevent the urge of outing the poor stranger for hooking up with the school's most notorious player. that wasn't fair on him, and technically renjun had no proof. so, motioning for the teenager to leave his sight, he proceeded to step towards door number forty-three. "i won't report this if you follow the rules from now on."

"yes," the other whispered before dashing back down the corridors to wherever the hell he'd come from. the tough committee member, however, had a bone to pick with his irritating enemy. he knocked on the door twice before entering without any form of permission.

"lee donghyuck, you're out of your mind," he scoffed while closing the door behind him. "no matter what i tell you, you walk all over it and turn a goddamn blind eye. what do I have to do to get through to you?"