.•eight•.

"ugh, i can't believe what an unbearable asshole he is," jisung sighed as they camped out in renjun's empty dorm

"ugh, i can't believe what an unbearable asshole he is," jisung sighed as they camped out in renjun's empty dorm. his roommate was a warrior anyway, so there was no way he'd be returning before the war ended. "seriously, you should fight back. i know it's against your morals, and i know you pledged to be unbiased when you were voted for this job.....but still...."

"no...i agree," the older sighed, running a paper towel over his hair to catch the majority of the disgusting 'food' before taking a shower to remove the rest. "he is taking this too far. it was just one little rejection, and he has loads of boys wanting to-"

"wait, what? rejection?"

"oh," the brunette cringed, realising he'd let the cat out of the bag. this sort of information led to social ruination....but this was jisung he was talking to; an honourable soul and someone he trusted deeply. he'd never betray him, and he probably deserved to know what was happening at this point. "mhm, donghyuck likes me, you see. he tends to ask me out a lot, or tease me about sex and stuff. but he's an ivory student, and he needs to realise that our classes don't mix.....as much as it'd be nice."

"wow, it sounds to me like you'd be interested if there wasn't the whole uniform barrier," jisung wriggled his eyebrows. "go on. admit it."

"nope, because it isn't true. i just want this nightmare to end, and he's proven himself to be majorly immature. i'm genuinely starting to believe he did this. the rumours...."

the tall boy shrugged with a great amount of uncertainty. if renjun was upset, then he was upset. he hated seeing his best friend this way, and the chinese teenager most definitely didn't deserve it. "am i sniffing the possibility of revenge?" he smirked.

"oh please," the older started taking his clothes of to get ready for a shower. "the certainty. it'll require thought and precision, but i want a clean record as well as a victorious outcome."

"god, you're so cool when you get serious."

"love you too, ji. and promise me you won't get tangled up with those dickheads of the ivory class, alright? i don't care how pretty they are, or how well they woo you. a relationship of any kind will be like a noose around your neck."

"y-yes."

"don't falter. you're worrying me...."

"i promise i won't get involved with them. i hate them as much as you do."

"great. also, i've been devising plans while i scour the halls at night, and i believe i may have one that works. want to hear it?"

"oh my god, yes! i've always wanted to break the rules with you!"

the older chuckled fondly at his enthusiastic partner in crime. sometimes he wished jisung wouldn't hold so much faith in him, and wouldn't rely so heavily on him....but he also loved how easy it was to look after him this way. he hated to think about the day he graduated and left this boy alone for a year....

"so i sort of thought that we could pull this off overnight," he began, pulling a dressing gown over his figure and absentmindedly speaking louder as he wondered towards the bathroom, making his way to the shower to run the water. "jaemin is good at his job, and he checks up on things that don't seem right. if he notices that i've been missing for longer than ten minutes, he'll get suspicious."

"is that where i come in?"

"mhm. i need you to act as a distraction in the hallways while i execute this thing. now, don't do anything that'll get you in trouble, okay? don't distress jaemin, or else you'll be the one suffering."

"well, what should i say?"

"i don't really know. maybe be dramatic and come up with some tragic occurrence or backstory."

"okay. i'll think of something."

"thank you so much for this," the older beamed, looking back towards the junior and smiling. the water heated up against his hand, and he decided it was time to get in. "i'm going to gather a multitude of food both disgusting and appetising, as well as slushy drinks. i'd love to see how pretty he'll look with those saturating him."

"devious," jisung winked, "i like it."

"i knew you would," renjun giggled while pulling the over-layer off and hopping into the glass box to rid himself of the war's remnants. "are you getting in afterwards? or are you waiting until school finishes?"

"nah, i'll shower when you get out. i think i'll skip classes for the rest of the day."

usually, the brunette would've left a sassy comment about completing studies and doing well even when it felt hopeless. but for once....he felt he'd just abandon classes as well for the last couple of hours. besides, that war didn't seem to have any end anytime soon. perhaps skipping out was the wisest course of action.