02| lsd

Darkness.

That's all I could see; that's all I could feel. Like I was floating on an endless black hole--never to go down, but never to go up either. My body felt stiff and wet. I could feel the sweat beading in every pore. I wasn't warm, I was burning. A searing heat thumped slowly down my entire being. Hissing, I try and claw off the damp shirt as a form of release.

I used one burning limb to wipe the sweat off my forehead, groaning softly. I didn't notice the two other figures in the room staring at me.

"Marcus."

The voice was soft, smooth.  The scent of lilac and gooseberries fill my frazzled senses. A groan. "He's still unconscious. Why is this taking so long?"

Another voice. "Forgive my insolence Alpha, but he doesn't seem like the strongest of humans. A mark, especially one from you, would have sent any high functioning wolf into a coma--let alone a human."

The beautiful voice--Alpha--rang thorough my ears again. "Meinang, I know you know  you're doing. But I also know you are aware of what I'm going through seeing him like this." The other voice--Meinang, I assume--hums in return. "Yes Alpha, in fact he's awake right now."

Charade over, I slowly open my eyes to reveal the most breathtaking face I have ever laid eyes on. Slowly, my hand reaches up to the creature just to confirm if something so flawless can be real. As my hand reaches a baby soft face, to my surprise she welcomes my touch and places her hand on top of my own. Tiny sparks run through my spine. An urge to be near her begins to fester in my body.

Then I remember.

Ripping her hand off me like it was scalding, I quickly scutter away from her in fright. "You crazy bitch! You bit me!" Frowning at my hysterical tone she scolds, "Don't disrespect me, Marcus."

I scoff at her words. "Uhh, last time I checked I don't even know you. And you bit me. Literally."

A hand is placed on my forearm. I turn around to meet the eyes of the second voice, Meinang. "Calm down, Marcus. Lana has a very good reason for why she assaulted you--"

"Assaulted?! He's mine! I would never hurt him!"

"Alpha, with all due respect, let me do the talking. I'll be able to calm him down."

Apparently "Lana" didn't like what Meinang was suggesting as she let out an inhuman growl. "Dr. Meinang, you out your hands on him and I'll be looking for your replacement." She turns her multicolored eyes towards mine. I shiver involuntarily. "Calm the hell down." She faces the glasses clad Doctor, eyes a little unfocused. Meinang, report."

The doctor, looking a little shaken, mummers , "Thetoxinshaven'tspreadtohisheartyet."

Another growl--Jesus , was she okay? "In plain English doctor." I noticed that the Lana woman had a slight Chinese accent. A normal person might not have been able to pick it up but having so much world experience made me more in-tune with different accents and dialects. Other than that, her accent was almost untraceable.

"The toxins haven't spread to his heart yet. Frankly, it can't. Even if you lock him up in a room and permanently sink your teeth into his jugular, it's wont be effective. The toxins only spread when the recipient is willing to..." Dr. Meniang paused and the Alpha woman glared ferociously.

"Willing. To. What?" She spat through gritted teeth. Her fists were tightly clenched and her body shook. What was going on?

"Willing to accept the bond."

A heartbeat. A loud, deafening silence. Then, the heels of her boots clacking on the marble tiles, Lana walks out breaking the door of the nursing room of its hinges. The door titled to the marbled floor in an ungraceful heap. A soft, cold wind flowed through the open space. A soft sigh escapes the petite doctor.

"Somehow," she sighed robotically. " I knew this was going to happen." Her eyes scan my skinny, knobby kneed form. "Of all the billions that inhabit this world, her wolf calls to you? The Great Alpha mates a human man--no, boy." She scoffs in thinly veiled contempt. What the fuck? What was with the 360--wasn't she just defending me from the crazy Lana lady?

"I am in no mood to sugar coat things for you: that woman you just met is a were. And so am I."

A shudder runs through me but I repress it. "Were--as in a werewolf?" She nods in response and stares, waiting for my response. To my surprise, I feel nothing but an odd sense of calm. I had an inkling. This is just like those stupid fan fictions Ina always reads, isn't it?

Besides, she could be a shape-shifting octopus for all I cared. All I cared about was going home. Taking in a deep breath, I stare the doctor down. "And why did she bite me?"

"She bit you because you are her fated. Her mate. And before you start whining--she had every right to bite you. You belong to her and no one else." Suddenly, as if the events of the day just finally made sense to me, my head began to spin.

"I need to sit down." I replied groggily. Meinang, sensing my distress, handed me the cup of water on the table beside me. "I want to go home now." She laughs as if I told a really funny joke. "Did you not hear anything I said? You belong to the Great Alpha now--you're never going home. Not that you can anyways." I faced her obsidian eyes and asked, "What do you mean that I 'can't anyways?' Where are we?"

The doctors hands grip the blinds and rips them ferociously to the side, exposing a great vast green land with connecting forests and architecture that would never be found in Forks Point. My eyes widen as dread begins to build up in my core.

"Welcome to Wuyuan, China."