chapter 60

i don't think blaise and i move for the thirty minutes before theo walks in, sweating and out of breath.

"he's um— he's with snape. said he can take it from there," theo says absently, his hands shaking as he goes to take a seat at the far end of blaise's bed.

"did potter—?" blaise starts, lifting his head from where it was resting against mine. i sit up as well, leaning back against the wall and tensely watching theo.

theo squeezes his fists to get them to stop trembling, and shakes his head. "i don't think anything will happen to him. snape's nearly positive potter didn't know what the spell did— i don't know how he knows that through— point is it wasn't potter's intention." theo says quietly, risking a glance up to meet my eyes.

i nod quietly, slouching a bit to rest my head on blaise's pillows.

"fucking idiot, using a spell he doesn't know," i mumble, shutting my eyes and crossing my arms.

"draco said— he said he tried to crucio potter," theo continues, even quieter then before.

"potter mentioned that," blaise whispers back.

"he still— nearly killed malfoy. you would think he'd be expelled—" theo begins again, leaning back against the bedpost.

i groan, "they should both be expelled— if any teacher at this school thought straight then they would be." i bury my head in blaise's pillow pinching my eyes shut.

the boys are silent for a second, and then blaise says, "you think malfoy should be expelled?"

i chuckle, "according to school policy— yes. he'd probably be better off anyway. if he's not here he's not exactly the winning option to off dumbledore anymore, now is he?"

silence, again. i feel the bed sink and they shift they're weight, and i can faintly hear them mouthing things to each other in hushed tones. i wait it out for a minute, wondering if they'll push further. when they don't, i sigh and sit up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

i rest my elbows on my knees, leaning forward and holding my head in my hands.

none of us speak for the next thirty or so minutes. we make no effort to leave for classes when the bell rings.

we just stay there, sitting beside each other, waiting for the door to open for someone— anyone— to tell us news.

__________________________

it's pitch black when i wake up. i'm crashed out on blaise's bed— someone covered me in a blanket. theo's still at the end of the bed, his head resting sideways on the bed post and his eyes closed.

i yawn, turning to peer throughout the room. blaise is in theo's bed, asleep, and crabbe and goyle have arrived too. i hope either theo or blaise were awake to tell them what happened.

i flip onto my other side slowly, trying not to wake theo, in order to look towards draco's bed.

empty.

i feel chills across my face at the neatly made bed, but i shake it off. i carefully throw off my blanket and move off of the bed, making my way quietly across the room to the door.

with one last sweeping glance at the boys sleeping throughout the room, i head out into the hall in search of draco. as i walk through the hallways and pass snape's quarters, i think to check if he's still in there. however, i figure if he isn't, professor snape would have my head for waking him— so i continue on.