Epilogue

7 years later

Eleanor

"Do you take me for a fool Mr Saunders? When we agreed on a meeting, I expected you to meet the terms by the given deadline and this is what you produce me with. Half the assets?".

His assistant was a chubby man with a receding hairline with sweat dripping down his forehead. He tugged at his tight collar as he stared between me and his boss. His assistant looked the way I wanted him to, but the arrogant dick next to him continued to roll his eyes.

"Yes, but I expected to be doing business with Mr Hendricks, you know a man who actually knows what he is talking about. How did you get this job out of curiosity? Was it by getting on your knees being Oscar's little toy? I am going to give you the other half after I have spoken with him".

His assistant looked at his pathetic excuse of a boss as if he had grown three extra heads.

Smiling at his bravery, I stood up from my mahogany desk and looked out my penthouse window down at the busy streets of London before looking back at the scum I had in my office.

"Sure, you can speak to Oscar right now. I am sure my husband would leave the middle of his business meeting if he heard what you just said to me. Believe me when I say this, you wouldn't be leaving this room alive".

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I looked back at the now petrified man in the chair he was sat on.

"So, how do you wish to proceed with this meeting?".

Staring down at the photo of my family, I remained calm and in control as the two men quickly discussed their next step carefully. Even though I was the most calm between Oscar and I, one wrong move could see yourself in the basement for a lesson in mannerisms.

"I understand the mistakes we have made and I-I apologise for wasting your time. I can come back in 3 days and bring the rest".

I hated the fact that one mention of my husband seemed to make the men quake in fear. Being a woman in a male dominated career was one hell of a challenge. Why couldn't they be fearful by my aura. 

"Wise move. I'll have my assistant contact you to forward details of my next availability. You can see yourself out".

The 2 men scrambled up and hurried out of my office both with pale faces wondering if they'd live until the next meeting. Even though they thought they'd come off easy, I was certainly going to tell Oscar about how the meeting went. He wouldn't go easy on them. No-one ever did when they insulted the mafia don's wife.

Sitting back down, I picked up my latte and closed down my emails from my computer. 

"Eleanor?".

Looking at the door, Veronica poked her head through and looked down at the phone on my desk.

"Your husband is on line 2" she muttered out with a smile as she tried to balance the paperwork in her arms.

"Thank you. Oh Veronica, take the rest of the day off. We're done nice and early".

My lovely assistant gave me a big smile and thanked me before excusing herself from out of my office.

Relaxing back into my chair, I picked up the phone and pressed 2 on the dialling pad.

"Hey babe".

"Hey honey. I've been trying you on your mobile, but it went straight to voicemail. And I, well, I'm just checking up on you because I got worried". Since the very beginning he had always been worried about me. And now that I was his business partner and wife, it only heightened his nerves especially when I didn't answer his calls.