𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"So how far are you with the planet book i loaned you

"So how far are you with the planet book i loaned you." Terra asks when i sit next to her stuffing al my food in my mouth.

"I'm currently reading about Jupiter, it's really interesting!" I say and i turn to her with a smile. I know she appreciates small things like these, and I really appreciate the friendship that has been made between us since we came at this school.

Aisha and Musa join us at the table. "So, here's what we should do. Maybe we can make a list of emotional triggers—" Aisha starts.

Bloom cuts her off. "Aisha, um, I appreciate what you're doing, but i can figure this out on my own."

"I'm sure. I just think you might be in your head about the whole Changeling stuff and overthinking." Aisha reply's.

"So everyone knows." Bloom says not sounding that happy.

"Ooh, is that why you freaked out at the Vessel? That makes so much more sense. That's gonna be the easiest assignment we'll have." I elbow her in the ribs. "And i'm making it worse." Terra says looking down in sorry.

She leans towards me. "Your elbow is hard. Since when are you so strong?" She sounds curious.

I smirk. "Since i've been training with the Specialists." I turn to her. Her jaw drops in shock.

"Since when?!" Terra asks with wide eyes.

"Calm down! Since i came here, Miss Dowling wanted me to be able to defend myself when my powers can't. Sometimes it's hard to channel from the universe so my powers aren't always that strong." I explain to Terra, she nods in understanding.

"So we have a plan to het my ring back." Stella explains as she puts a map on the table with Sky walking in behind her.

"What's this?" Musa asks.

"That' Alfea. The dotted line is the barrier and this is Crag Creek." Terra says pointing at a spot on the map.

I try to listen to a story about her childhood but i get distracted when i feel two strong hands resting on my shoulders.

I look up and Sky gives me a genuine smile. "Are you gonna eat those?" He asks as he points at the fries on my plate. I smile and shake my head. I reach for a fry and hold it above my head so he can grab it but instead he eats in from between my fingers.

I look up to see him smile down on me, still with his hands resting on my shoulders. Stella notices us staring at each other.

"Sky? Where do you think they're keeping it again?" She asks and glares at me. I shake my head to her. She puts her hand on his arm as if he's her territory. He looks at it weirdly and then looks back at me.

"Uhm, there's only so many buildings outside the barrier they can secure a creature like that. There's the barn and the mill." Sky explains

"Oh the barn would be my bet." Terra starts. "My dad fortified the beams because he was chaining this wounded horse—"

Stella cuts in. "So we just have to sneak in there and get my ring." Stella shoots us a fake smile.

Aisha looks up at Stella. "Strange how casually you are tossing about the word 'we'."

I give Stella a fake smile back and put my head on my hand to mock her. "Yeah, sounds more like a 'you' kinda deal."

She glares at me. "Except i didn't lose it."

Bloom joins the conversation. "When do we go?" Everyone looks at Bloom in shock.

"Gonna be blunt. Sorry. Bloom, you have zero control over your magic. That is if you manage to channel it. Bad idea." Aisha says. That was kinda harsh but okay.

Bloom sighs. "I lost the ring. I'm gonna get it back."

Sky cuts in. "Guys maybe we should take a second—"

Stella cuts him off. "I think everyone is making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be." And she turns to Terra. "You said the burned one is locked up, right?"

Terra nods. "Oh and subdued. I'm pretty sure my dad is distilling this oil that'll subdue it. It's called Zanbaq. I could probably make some more." Terra suggests.

Stella nods at her. "Thank you, Terra, for being helpful."

She turns to Bloom. "And thank you, Bloom, for taking responsibility." She gives her a fake smile. "And thank you, everyone else, for... nothing!" She fake laughs. And she starts to walk away but she turns back to me.

She glares at me. "Oh right! I almost forgot about you. Thank you, Saturn, for flirting with my boyfriend." And she also glares at Sky and walks away.

My eyes widen at what she just said. I look up at Sky to see him already looking at me with shock written on his face. I look down in guilt and stand up and walk away.

—————

I walk through the gardens on my own, enjoying the silent and the peace. Until i hear rushes footsteps behind me. "Saturn!" I turn and see Sky jogging towards me. "Hey."

"Oh, hey." I give him a small smile.

"So uh.. I hadn't talked to Stella in months. She ghosted me all summer. We dated last year, but...we had a sort of rough breakup, and I.." Sky starts telling his story. I have no idea why he's telling me this but i let him.

"And what?" I ask. Suggesting him to continue his story.

"And i just don't want you to think i'm that guy." Sky says as we stop walking.

I smile a bit at him. "What guy?"

He scratches his neck. "Well you know..that guy that jumps from the one to the other."

I chuckle a bit at him. "You're not jumping from anyone to anyone." And i smile and walk away.

I hear Sky murmur behind me. "Yet." And he sighs. I pretend that i didn't hear that but I definitely did..

————

Whaddupp! Chapter 2 in one day! I'm proud of myself. I should be studying for some important test i have going on tomorrow but I couldn't resist writing another chapter.

Anyways, thank you for reading and have a nice day/night!