𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐓

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 - 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

"I'm ready, let's g- wait, you two aren't ready yet?" there was an edge of panic in Briar's voice as she stared at the two fairies sprawled on the sofa, wearing sweaters and sweats as they watched Dawson Creek on their shared TV. 

Circe looked behind, her cheeks filled with popcorn as she raised an eyebrow before glancing at her clothes. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Ugh, please tell me your kidding." Briar said with an exhasperated tone of voice, grabbing the remote before switching the TV off. Circe and Echo shared a look as the latter started to groan, stuffing her face between the cushions. "Come on! It's the first party of the year, and as first years, it is our chance to make our first impression."

Circe and Echo weren't convinced, but for two different reasons all together. Echo hated crowds, and parties, and being all-together new in a place. She still wasn't fully aware of her surroundings, hadn't settled and didn't really know anyone. Even thinking of attending this party where she'd be forced to participate in small talk and awkward social activities filled her with dread. Circe, on the other hand, was fine socially. Being Sky's sister had it's advantages, and she already knew her way around the school grounds. Yet a party was the opposite of what she needed right now. With her weak magic, she should be focusing all her strength on that, and her extra lessons with the Specialists. How would alcohol help?

Briar came back into the room, pressing different items of clothing in her arms as she dumped them in front of the two fairies. Echo felt slightly queasy as she raised an eyebrow at Briar. "Aren't you a Specialist? Why do you care so much about looks?"

"Wow, stereotyping much?" Briar said, acting non-chalant, but there was a certain edge to her voice. "I can fight and care about how I look. The world isn't so black and white, ya know?"