012

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter twelve:it's always been her !

chapter twelve:
it's always been her !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

WHEN ATHENA BLAKE imagined going to Homecoming with Ricky Bowen, she definitely didn't think the night would end with Gina Porter dumping punch on EJ Caswell. Athena, Ricky, Violetta, and Big Red stood there in shock. No words were shared. In fact, none of them knew what to say. It had all just happened so fast.

Athena slowly dropped her hand from her mouth and looked to her date. "Hey, Ricky, I think now would be a good time to apologize to Gina."

Ricky shook his head. "Athena, no. This dance was supposed to be—"

"I know, but it's okay." She took his hand in hers once she noticed his hesitation. "Ricky, I'm serious. I'll catch a ride home with Artemis or something. It'll be fine. Now go."

He squeezed her hand gently before letting go. Athena watched him leave for a moment before looking back to EJ. He was still by the refreshment table, wiping some excess punch off of his suit.

Athena took a deep breath. "I can't believe I'm about to do this."

"Do what?" Violetta asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be right back."

Athena walked up to EJ, who was scouting the table for some napkins. She tapped his shoulder, and EJ turned to her. He immediately got a confused expression on his face. Athena held out her hand to him. EJ glanced from her hand back to her face for a moment. She held her hand out further as more of an invitation for him to take it. Ultimately, with a sigh, EJ took her hand. Athena began to lead him out of the gym. She passed Violetta and Big Red on the way, sending them a quick smile before she left the gym entirely.

She led him to the bathroom closest to the gym and pushed the door open. Once they were inside, she let go of his hand.

Athena pointed to the sink. "Sit."

EJ obliged. While he sat there, Athena began to run some water over paper towels. She then began to use those to try and get the punch off of his suit and parts of his skin so it wouldn't be as sticky as before.

It was a couple minutes of silence before EJ was the first to speak up. "What will your boyfriend say if he sees me in the bathroom with you?"