Chapter 37

Antonio's pov

The results of the autopsy came out today.

It said there was no baby. The bitch wasn't pregnant. Not at all. She obviously lied to him for money.

I was glad I killed two birds with one stone. I saved my brother from a lying bitch and didn't lose him.

The autopsy was carried out under Valerio's watch — his own blood related brother — so that he wouldn't assume that I played with the results.

"What does it say?" Valerio asked me as I still looked at the piece of paper. "The bitch lied to him, there was no baby," I mumbled, handing him the paper.

"This idiot should hire a mistress, if he can't go long without getting his dick wet, he'd even be able to auction a woman with all the money he's spending on whores," he sighed.

"Why are you telling it to me?" I asked with a snort. "Go tell him that, and also hand him the results."

"Will do. Is he still off work since there is nothing bad?" Valerio asked. "Well, except the death of his wore."

"He had holidays. Then, he came back and sit back and did nothing, I've spent enough money on his lazy ass, tell him to come back and continue Alanzo's training."

My wife was asking about him too. She feared that Roman would see her as her enemy. My wife and Roman developed a bonding over the past years. I knew it wasn't anything sexual, otherwise I'd kill Roman. It was pure. A relationship like siblings.

Having him back would relieve her tension since she was stressed. Happy wife meant happy life, and more sex.

"Finally, I feel like used her while doing his work and mine," he complained, putting the results in the pocket of his suit.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Come in." The door opened and Xavier entered my office. "Sir, there is a man at the front gate of the mansion. He says he has important information for you," he said and I frowned at him.

"Do I know him?" I asked, cocking my head. "I don't think so, but he claims that he knows you and works for you," Xavier informed me.

"Then guide him here and let's see what this crucial information is," I told him as I sat back in my leather armchair and lit a cigarette.

He nodded his head before leaving and closing the door behind him.

"Are you really going to let a stranger into your mansion just because he claims he has important information for you?" Valerio asked with a frown, sitting on the chair in front of me.

"What if he has really important information I might find useful?" I asked him. "What if he doesn't?" he asked me back, pouring himself a glass of scotch.

"Then I will kill him and you can get rid of his body," I smirked. "Why do you do the fun part? And I the dirty part that no one want to do?" he groaned.

"Because I am the capo," I simply told him. "Right, that explains a lot," he snorted lightly.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Entra!" I called the person in. The door opened and a man in his mid-thirties came in. "Thanks for choosing to listen to me, capo." He walked in my office.

"I heard you have important information for me. I am listening," I hummed, playing with the pen in my hands.

He nodded his head. "Yes, I have information on your man, Roman Esposito."