Part 16

While driving Saad saw Mahira from the rear-view mirror and he felt pain in his heart, his aapi was in a vulnerable condition. She was continuously crying and praying to Allah for Zarin's safety. 

Zaid too saw Mahira twice and was getting tensed for his love's safety. Seeing Mahira's condition he could do dare to ask anything here. He got busy with Swami and Varun to know about the location where they were taking his love. 

Saad broke all the traffic rules and they quickly reached the building. When they reached Mahira open the door of her side and quickly ran towards the elevator followed by Saad and Zaid. Saad left the car key in the car as his bodyguard Hassan would park it for them and also inform Hassan of an inquiry from the security about this whole incident.

The whole ride when Zaid was talking to his bodyguards Varun and Swami. He came to know from them that they let the city and are going further towards Alibag. He told Hassan to send a team for Varun and Swami's help. 

They reached the door of Mahira's house Mahira open her clutch and removed the keys of her flat and with shaking hands put it in the key holder and turn the knob to open it. As soon as they entered the house the scene in front of them made their eyes widen. 

It seems that a hurricane has passed their house. The plates, fork, spoon everything was scatted on the floor, broken pieces of glass were there, the cell phone was broken into pieces, and there was a handprint on the wall near the door with dry blood. The rod of the curtain was hanging 

Mahira just took two baby steps and her knees gave up she sat down on the floor and cried out for the princess. Saad quickly holds her from her shoulder and side hug her. He made Mahira look at him whose force was on the blood on the floor as if somebody was dragging something in that blood. 

Zaid too was shocked would be an understatement. He never in his dreams thought that something like this could have happened to his love. Saad made Mahira face him and hug her as she was in a vulnerable state. Suddenly he felt that Mahira's body loosen up. He pulled her back and found her to be an unconscious crying mess. 

Zaid was burning with anger and helplessness that he could not save her. Saad's voice brought him from his trance and he quickly bends down in front of them. Seeing Mahira unconscious he picked her up in bridal style and walk towards the room where he had brought Zarin the same way on her birthday but when they step into that room. 

A shiver ran down Zaid's and Saad spine the bed sheet was covered with blood there was a small dagger and a belt and both of it also had blood on it. 

Saad and Zaid were too scared now seeing all this. Saad even doubts in his mind that is Zarin alive or not. He turns around quickly and opens the other bedroom door. Zaid made Mahira lie down carefully in the center of the bed and Saad covered her with the quit. 

Saad removed his shoes and sat beside Mahira on the bed and started rubbing her palm and patting her cheeks. He loosens her hijab a bit so that she does not chock. Zaid too sat down on the bed and took the glass of water which was kept on the night lamp table and gave it to Saad to sprinkle it on Mahira's face. 

As he was busy holding a photo frame that had Mahira's and Zarin's pic of her birthday. It was a collage frame. In which, both were carefree and happy without any veil or hijab in their night suits. a tear came out of his eyes and he moved his thumb on Zarin's cheek After few minutes Mahira opens her eyes and saw Zaid sitting in front of her with the frame and Saad beside her head. 

She quickly tried to sit up but failed. Zaid kept the frame back and help her sit and Saad gave her a glass of water to drink. After few minutes when they felt that Mahira was in the condition to answer them Zaid asked, "who is she?" Mahira looked at Zaid in confusion as she did not know what he meant. But yes she was sure that today she will tell the truth to them if they ask.

Zaid looks at the frame and then at Mahira again and asked, "kya rishta hai aap ka us se, kon hai woh asal mai. (what is your relation with her, and what is her true identity?) 

Mahira took the frame in her hand and crease Zarin's cheek and then close her eyes and took a deep breath and after opening her eyes she looks straight into Zaid's eyes and said, "I don't know who she was? Till the time I met her and her coming in consciousness." Zaid and Saad gave a quizzical look to each other.

She knew that today was the time she has to tell Zaid the entire truth and leave the rest of the things on Allah. He is the best planner and he will plan their fate and destiny according to his way.

Mahira look at Zaid and said, "Today I will tell you the entire truth of Zarin, and then will leave it in hands of Allah to decide what is best for her."

Zaid nobs his head in permission to continue and then Mahira spoke, "Zarin was sold by her stepmother for 1 lakh rupees." Zaid and Saad were shocked to hear this Saad quickly asked, "that means your aunty sold her?"

Mahira: No I don't know who her stepmother is?

Zaid and Saad again look towards each other. Mahira saw their faces and understood she needs to clear all the things and has to explain in detail.

Mahira: It was raining and the time was approx. 8.30 pm I had just left from client's place. Instead of taking a right turn to reach the main road I took a left turn as I forget from which lane to exit from the colony which had more than 100 bungalows in a row.

She took a pause and saw the Khan brother's waiting eagerly for her to tell her all the details so she continued.

Mahira: when I took a left turn I saw a girl running towards my car. I pull the breaks and the car stop. I quickly came out of the car to scold her but what I saw shook me to the core.

Tears started falling from Mahira's eyes it was as if she is visualizing the whole incident again. Zaid and Saad did not utter a word as they wanted to know everything today. 

Mahira: Her hair was open and messy, clothes were torn and skin was visible from many places, her right arm and thighs were bleeding. She had many bruises and cuts and various marks on her skin

Zaid tightens his fist and Saad had tears in his eyes which he quickly wiped out as he was felling her torture, because he too once had gone through it.

Mahira: I asked her who she is? But she told me to save her before anybody could catch her. I agreed and made her wear my abaya and made her lye down on back seat covering with a cloth which I had in spare which was needed to be given to the tailor for stitching but at that time, I used it to cover her.

I sat and drive my car from that area as fast as I could. But still, I felt as if a car was following me. I reached into the parking lot and just to confirm I was right or wrong. I did not wake up Zarin who was already unconscious over there. I lock my car and reached my home. I did not even switch on the lights as I too was scared about all this. 

When I saw from my window that the car which was following me left from there after half an hour. I went down to the parking lot from the emergency door so that nobody could see me. I open the door and somehow manage to bring Zarin inside the house and made her lie on the bed. 

After removing her abaya I started cleaning her wounds. There were some deep cuts on her hands it was seen that she was tortured a lot by the people with whom she was. I really did not know what to do so I called up Zoya who is my best friend and doctor and told her about Zarin and she came with all the required materials with her brother as I had sent Zarin's pic to her.

Zaid kept his hand on Mahira's hand as she was shaking by now. He gave her a glass of water which she drank a little and kept back. He whipped her tears and she continued.

Mahira: Zoya treated her but she was unconscious. I told Zoya to stay back and she agreed even her brother Zain stayed that night for our security. Next day when I woke up and went near the window I saw that car again. I told them and Zain suggested me to go for my work as they might be suspecting me. So you have to pretend to be carefree as if you don't know anything and I agreed.

But the problem was we can not keep Zarin alone. So we call Rukaiya aunty who is Zoya and Zain's mother. Along with Zain's most trusted security guard. But in formal attire so nobody could doubt him and Rukaiya aunty with her burkha.