Chapter 37 ll "Not to mention he gets so cute when he's jealous."

Zoey's POV

School is hectic. I hate everything and everyone. Everyone including Chris.

My brain is obviously not willing to cooperate with me. I can't even think! All I could do during physics, was to stare blankly at the board, instead of trying to digest all the information that has been said to the class.

Chris and I got into a fight this morning. He insisted that I stay at home since I was having a headache. But I didn't want to, I hate missing classes and the feeling that I'm lagging behind the class.

How I wish I listened to him. I thought the mild pain would fade away once I have something to focus in lessons but it only became worse. The back of my head is throbbing like hell right now.

And the guilt in my system is not helping either. I really need to apologise to Chris.

I drag my body out of the class, just one more lesson and I'll be able to see Chris.

-

Once again, I drag myself out of the classroom.

From a distance, a voice calls, "Zoey!"

I turn around to see Xavier jogging up to me.

He hands a pile of worksheets to me as he zips his backpack up, pushing it to his back. "Your worksheets."

"Oh, right. Thanks." I smile weakly at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's just, my head."

"Do you need painkillers?"

"Do you have any? If so, yes please."

Xavier pulls his bag back to his front again, and unzips it, producing a box of tablets.

"There you go."

"Thank you so much."

"Do you need me to send you home or something?"

"That's a great idea but I need to talk to Chris."

He grins, "Aw, that's cute. Fine then. Call me if you need me."

I return a grin to him and begin walking towards the canteen.

I turn a corner and before I can even move away, I crash into someone.

Ooooh, deja vu.

Two arms snake around me to keep me from falling on my butt.

"Hey, hey. Easy there. I wouldn't always be here to catch you."

I blush furiously and puts my hands on each of his arms.

"Hey Chris, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have fought with you this morning. I feel so bad. And it feels beyond weird to know that we're not okay. I'm sorry, forgive me please, please, please."

"Calm down." He looks down at me in amusement. Then his features soften. "We're okay. I'm sorry too. You were having headache and I was being a dick. I should have been more understanding."

"You were. You wanted me to rest at home."

He smiles, "How is your head now?"

"It's hurting like a bitch."

"Do you want to go home?"

"Nah, Xavier just gave me some tablets. I'll be fine."

Chris scowls, in that ever so hot way. "Why did you ask for tablets from him when I can just send you home?"