33

RAGE

TW: sexual content

_____________

Two weeks went on since we started the new course. I already had my first class with Severus but decided to keep ignoring him and get my work done, even though he insisted on being the focus of my anger.

"Are you telling me you're going to waste your future in that stupid sport?!" he hissed, once I told him about my plans after school. It wasn't like I wanted him to know, but the Year 7 procedure made us talk to the heads of our houses to have advice about our careers. Of course, he didn't approve mine.

Not that I cared about his opinion, though.

The Quidditch teams were preparing their training and schedules and the Gryffindor team was especially irascible. Angelina Johnson, the new captain and one of the few players I had respect for, was cursing all over the corridor since she had to do the test for the team's new guardian alone because Potter got himself in trouble with Umbridge. That was a win for my team though, having Gryffindor without one of their players yet and their best shot being punished and not training gave us a bit of advantage. My team was consolidated and stronger than last year, even though we were still far from our past glory.

I was sitting on one of the walls, leaned against a column, smoking one of the few cigs I had left, with Liv by my side staring at the trees from the garden, while the students were going all over the corridor or staying in little groups.

"Where are you going to get the cigs from now?" Liv asked, taking the cigarette from my fingers and giving a puff.

"I sent Iris to Remus, asking him to deliver me the packs Sirius has at home. He doesn't smoke that same brand so I can have them."

Every time I had a cigarette at school I couldn't help but remember Ced. I still felt a huge emptiness inside of me when I thought about him but the anger and the hunger to avenge him made me keep going.

"Can Dumbledore allow you to do that?"

"Not if I were underage, but I'm not, so as long as I don't smoke inside the classes..."

"Pauline tried to make me drop it," she said, looking at the little ashes on the grass and playing with them with her feet. "But I ended up just smoking less, you should try too, Lilith."

Liv handed me the cig and I made it hung on my lips as I opened one of my books to revise the notes from the previous class.

"Nah, I'm fine."

"Arambella! Lovegood!" I heard a voice chanting. One of the Gryffindors of my course, accompanied by a bunch of Ravenclaws. Liv turned around to face him, tensed, and I raised my head with an eyebrow already raised and my meanest face. "Good to see you together, girls!"

"What do you want, Alton?" I recognized him. He was the boy I cursed wandless last year.

"Just wondering how you gonna enter the Slytherin team this year without any of the old captains to suck their prick and assure you a position."

I breathed deeply. With the cig still on my lips and squeezing the book in my hands. I didn't know why but lately, the Gryffs had their eyes even more on me and for some bloody reason, they were starting to mess with my Quidditch position in the Slytherin team. Maybe my mother's card was already too overplayed.